Search found 65 matches

by Italia1963
23 Aug 2011, 13:03
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Advice on how to find a death certificate
Replies: 3
Views: 637

Re: Advice on how to find a death certificate

Thanks Johnny, I didn't think of that possibility - that she may have been married after my grandfather, and thus had yet another surname, and didn't bother to change her name on her social security documents - although Im wondering if she would have been able to receive ss payments made out into a ...
by Italia1963
23 Aug 2011, 01:18
Topic: Advice on how to find a death certificate
Replies: 3
Views: 637

Advice on how to find a death certificate

My gf was married a second time in the late 1950s, and it only lasted a few years until his death. Our family did not keep in touch with this second wife and I see from the Social Security index that her last residence was Florida and she died in the 1980s. I wrote the Florida Department of Health b...
by Italia1963
20 Aug 2011, 23:55
Topic: Records burned in Carpino
Replies: 26
Views: 6272

Re: Records burned in Carpino

What is it with Communes always replying that their records were burned (and not always during the War)? Several years back my ggf's comune wrote me that the records for the year I was searching burned many years previous. But then recently when I re-wrote the comune, and a new registrar was in plac...
by Italia1963
20 Aug 2011, 23:47
Topic: 35 page Scholarly Report on Italian by decent Citizenship
Replies: 10
Views: 2161

Re: 35 page Scholarly Report on Italian by decent Citizensh

The author of this report seems to base his theory for a need to re-visit the citizenship laws by bunching the problems posed by lax EU citizenship rules that welcome non-blood Italians and those of us born with Italian blood who want to restore the bond to our ancestor's homeland. In fact, his crit...
by Italia1963
17 Aug 2011, 00:11
Topic: top secret clearance and dual citizenship
Replies: 31
Views: 6997

Re: top secret clearance and dual citizenship

In some Federal Departments, prior to obtaining security clearance, you may be asked to undergo a polygraph exam and they will ask you questions in regard to your citizenship. So its best to be up front about your intentions to certify your dual American-Italian citizenship.