Search found 7803 matches

by erudita74
18 Sep 2021, 16:36
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 1868 Birth Record Lindoro Carota #87
Replies: 5
Views: 935

Re: 1868 Birth Record Lindoro Carota #87

Jerry and Joe Typically first and last names given to abandoned children were invented by the town official to whom the infant was presented. Most were never reclaimed by their natural parents. So, you should be at a dead end going back further in time with this child's ancestry. Joe -I'm not a nati...
by erudita74
18 Sep 2021, 13:46
Topic: 1868 Birth Record Lindoro Carota #87
Views: 935

Re: 1868 Birth Record Lindoro Carota #87

Jerry
Joe is correct. The infant was a foundling, of the apparent age of one day, abandoned at the wheel and presented at the town hall by the woman who had received the infant from the wheel. The infant was then given his name by the town official and consigned to a wetnurse.
Erudita
by erudita74
16 Sep 2021, 22:18
Topic: Help with record
Replies: 7
Views: 1232

Re: Help with record

Latin - die quinta septembris- day five September
by erudita74
02 Sep 2021, 12:40
Topic: Death Record Translation - Giuseppe Biundo - Full Translation
Replies: 3
Views: 891

Re: Death Record Translation - Giuseppe Biundo - Full Translation

Pippo
I think the father is deceased Michele

The deceased had received all of the sacraments and buried in this Mother Church.

Erudita
by erudita74
23 Aug 2021, 15:12
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: children's rings
Replies: 9
Views: 4921

Re: children's rings

Joe
I'm a second generation American of Italian descent, and my family never engaged in this practice, as far as I know. I just found this topic interesting.
Erudita
by erudita74
23 Aug 2021, 00:21
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Comune di Zarza Mayore
Replies: 7
Views: 2440

Re: Comune di Zarza Mayore

I have only found one town which is close in spelling and that is a town in western Spain, bordering Portugal, called Zorza la Mayor. The record does read that the town of birth was in the jurisdiction of the kingdom of Italy. I just know that there is Roman influence in this town, but that is obvio...
by erudita74
22 Aug 2021, 15:22
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: children's rings
Replies: 9
Views: 4921

Re: children's rings

Joe I’ve read that it was, and still is, a popular practice in southern Italy to give golden objects such as rings to newborns and young children at the time of such religious celebrations as their Baptisms or First Communions. During the Facist period, for example, some patriotic parents even went ...
by erudita74
22 Aug 2021, 02:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help finding death record for Andrea Biundo
Replies: 2
Views: 1090

Re: Help finding death record for Andrea Biundo

Checked the Carini death indices. Found some Biundo/lo Biundo with Andrea first name, but none of the records was for yours.
by erudita74
21 Aug 2021, 14:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Marriage in New York
Replies: 11
Views: 1683

Re: Marriage in New York

@Cedrone The vital records for NYC are not online, unless other researchers have posted copies of their own records. In the past, other than mailing for the copy from the NYC municipal archives, or going there in person to do research,one could order microfilms with the records to be sent to a local...
by erudita74
21 Aug 2021, 14:08
Topic: Marriage notation translate
Views: 1110

Re: Marriage notation translate

Dec 5, 1873 at 10 a.m. in the town hall Appearing were the prospective groom and bride and their two chosen witnesses. The witnesses were ? Taddeo (I can't decipher his first name), son of deceased Salvatore, age 33, sailor, and Michele Esposito, of deceased Giovanni, age 73, sailor, both living in ...
by erudita74
21 Aug 2021, 13:49
Topic: Death Record Translation for Pietro
Views: 970

Re: Death Record Translation for Pietro

His parents were deceased of Monreale; he was age 60, having received the Sacraments below: Penance on the 18th, Eucharist on the 20th, and Extreme Unction on the 22nd. His soul went to his Creator yesterday at 9 P.M. He was buried in the Church of San (C?) today at 2 P.M. The record is dated July 2...
by erudita74
20 Aug 2021, 15:06
Topic: help with birth record
Replies: 6
Views: 769

Re: help with birth record

some corrections the year 1903; 10:30 a.m. Nunzio's occupation-mugnaio-miller his wife was living with him-she was not his second wife (seco lui convivente) time of birth 19:40-7:40 P.M. Corso Vittorio Emanuele the document was read aloud to all who had intervened but only signed by the official, as...
by erudita74
19 Aug 2021, 20:04
Topic: Marriage notation translate
Views: 1110

Re: Marriage notation translate

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1482813

Link to the marriage record. Let us know if you need help with the translation.
Erudita