Search found 7720 matches

by erudita74
21 Dec 2020, 21:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: L'Aquila, Cocullo.
Replies: 1
Views: 125

Re: L'Aquila, Cocullo.

Online marriage records for the town only go to 1865. I'm not sure that contacting the town itself will help, but you can try: Comune di Cocullo Ufficio Anagrafe e Stato Civile Via Europa, 1 67030 Cocullo AQ Italia Email: massimo.iafolla@tiscali.it Online marriage records on the website below only t...
by erudita74
21 Dec 2020, 21:11
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage Translation Please
Replies: 3
Views: 219

Re: Marriage Translation Please

Always happy to help.

Happy and safe holidays to you.
Erudita
by erudita74
21 Dec 2020, 21:09
Topic: Side Note Translation
Replies: 4
Views: 234

Re: Side Note Translation

By the act of matrimony celebrated Dec 8, 1900 between Salvatore Puma with Maria Calogera Pino', the spouses have stated that were recognizing Maria Puma as their legitimate daughter. The annotation was added on Dec 15, 1900.
by erudita74
21 Dec 2020, 20:37
Topic: Help Translating Please
Replies: 5
Views: 307

Re: Help Translating Please

You're very welcome.
Erudita
by erudita74
21 Dec 2020, 16:18
Topic: 1816 Marriage
Replies: 10
Views: 556

Re: 1816 Marriage

Nick I'm going out on a limb with this one, and one of the native Italian speakers on this forum will have to correct me, I'm sure, but I'm wondering if it means that, as a soldier, he was granted some personal time, so that he could marry her before her father died and that, after the marriage, he ...
by erudita74
21 Dec 2020, 15:55
Topic: Colalillo Family
Replies: 4
Views: 285

Re: Colalillo Family

There are records for Bojano at the link below, but the marriages only go to 1910. For 1921, you have to write directly to the town. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Campobasso/Stato+civile+italiano/Bojano/ Also there are some extractions of records for this surname on ...
by erudita74
21 Dec 2020, 15:48
Topic: notation on birth act
Replies: 6
Views: 191

Re: notation on birth act

It is very strange, Pippo, and Donna posted another record not long ago, which had the same issue.

Erudita
by erudita74
21 Dec 2020, 00:11
Topic: Surnames of Parents
Replies: 2
Views: 159

Re: Surnames of Parents

Father's surname: di Russo
Mother's surname: Ferrara; her first name looks like Minicarda, but I can't find that as proper name.

Erudita
by erudita74
20 Dec 2020, 15:00
Topic: Death Certificate Translation
Replies: 2
Views: 134

Re: Death Certificate Translation

There's no genealogy info in the annotations in the margin-just a reference to the three death acts in the present register-part II, series B,. and the signature by the town official on Jan 1, 1935, as the third act was the last one in this part of the register and, at the beginning of the next year...
by erudita74
20 Dec 2020, 13:28

mmogno wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 13:25 @erudita74
I agree
.... filia Hospitalis Magni .... = a foundling
Grazie, G.
Erudita
by erudita74
20 Dec 2020, 13:15

As far as I can tell, the word that begins with an H is not a first name but rather the Latin word for hospice followed by the word magni (great). In the marriage bann, the abbreviation is for grand hospital in Bagheria (in Palermo). So my conclusion is that Maria was a foundling or abandonned child...
by erudita74
20 Dec 2020, 00:15

Hi Donna Yes, I recall that you had another document with a similar notation which made things confusing. Anyway, a very happy holiday season to you and yours as well. It's a wash for us this year, as we really can't chance getting together with our children and grandchildren. So a face-time holiday...
by erudita74
19 Dec 2020, 22:53

this tribunal by a sentence of April 20, 1887 rectifies the present act in the sense that it must read Angela and not Angelo, and in the name of the mother of the same, that must itself say Lucia and not Saveria So technically the court sentence, in reality, was altering the name of the mother and n...
by erudita74
19 Dec 2020, 18:14
Topic: Who are the bride's parents
Views: 273

Re: Who are the bride's parents

and yet my mother-in-law's parents' native town in Caserta province often seemed to follow no naming patterns at all!
by erudita74
19 Dec 2020, 18:09
Topic: Soldier killed by bomb?
Views: 339

Re: Soldier killed by bomb?

I also had searched on the Italian Defense Minster's website and didn't see Lorenzo listed there. I do, however, understand that that database is incomplete. I also think that, if the Italian military ruoli are missing his name, that the poster has an incorrect first name for the individual. In repl...