Search found 7789 matches

by erudita74
09 Sep 2012, 12:45
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translate death record of Domenico Rosato
Replies: 2
Views: 803

Re: Translate death record of Domenico Rosato

I think between Catharina's first and last name is da Petro -referring to her having been the daughter of a Pietro, as I see this info on the other record you posted as well.
by erudita74
09 Sep 2012, 03:41
Topic: Translate death record of Domenico Rosato
Views: 803

Re: Translate death record of Domenico Rosato

His age was about 72 years old, and he was the widower of Catharina Madonna at the time of his death. I can't decipher what appears between her first and last names.
by erudita74
09 Sep 2012, 00:13
Topic: Translate death record of Catherina Madonna
Views: 844

Re: Translate death record of Catherina Madonna

She was about 67 years old. She appears to have received the Sacraments of Penance and the Holy Eucharist on Jan 28th and the Sacrament of Extreme Unction (which would be the last rites) on the first of the current month. She was buried in the Parish Church of Saint Nicholas Witnesses- Salvatore Ric...
by erudita74
08 Sep 2012, 23:26
Topic: Orazio Corte translation
Replies: 4
Views: 1206

Re: Orazio Corte translation

First of all, you are missing the second page of the record. Here is the info on the page you posted- left column dated April 29,1836, town of Coreno, district of Gaeta- Giuseppe Corte, a 37 year old peasant/farmer, appeared. He was living in the town on Strada Vialarga and presented a baby of mascu...
by erudita74
08 Sep 2012, 04:53
Topic: Help Deciphering Handwritten Birth Record
Replies: 5
Views: 1232

Re: Help Deciphering Handwritten Birth Record

[quote="Tessa78"]I'll do my best :-) First, let me say there is a notation in the left column under his name. It is a marriage notation that looks like - on 19 October 1900, in Castello di Alife, he married with Filomena M????. As to the info above- I believe that the spouse's name in the ...
by erudita74
07 Sep 2012, 23:24
Topic: Death record help
Replies: 7
Views: 1629

Re: Death record help

The abbreviation you have seen in other records for the word "maestro" simply means that the person was a master of whatever trade in which he engaged. So you might see this word in front of an occupation such as "calzolaio" for shoemaker. Of course, if you go to a current Italia...
by erudita74
07 Sep 2012, 12:53
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Circello Benevento Campania
Views: 1934

Re: Circello Benevento Campania

There are microfilmed records available for the town but only for the earlier years from 1809 to 1860. These must be rented through a local family history center run by the Church of the Latter Day Saints. Registri dello stato civile di Circello (Benevento), 1809-1860 You can use this link to find t...
by erudita74
06 Sep 2012, 23:44
Topic: Cesarò, Sicily
Views: 1522

Re: Cesarò, Sicily

No problem. I thought you had missed that I posted the address and that's why I posted it again. Good luck with getting the record copies you need from the town.
by erudita74
06 Sep 2012, 23:42

The wife, Caterina (sorry I had trouble deciphering her name correctly because of the condition of the record) was still alive when he died. Directly after his name in the record appears the word "marito" for husband. If she had predeceased him, the word would have been "vedovo" ...
by erudita74
06 Sep 2012, 18:16

"di Giovanni" would be his mother's maiden name. Both his parents were deceased at the time of his death. His father Stanislao had been a proprietario (property owner). The word after the mother's maiden name is "conjugi" for “spouses”-sometimes written as “coniugi”-indicating th...
by erudita74
06 Sep 2012, 15:27

The address I gave you at the beginning of my reply above services the anagrafe or registry office, so I would write to that address. Here it is again: Servizi Demografici Corso Margherita 2 98033 - Cesarò (ME) Italia I also found a fax number below- Cesarò Municipio Corso Margherita, 2 Telefono : 0...
by erudita74
06 Sep 2012, 15:07

Servizi Demografici Corso Margherita,2 98033 - Cesarò (ME) Italia tel 0957739011 For your information- At the following website, you will find online records for your town from 1821 to 1865. http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/ click on sfoglia i registri at the lower left. Then on the next scr...
by erudita74
06 Sep 2012, 14:08
Topic: Death Record Help
Views: 814

Re: Death Record Help

He was a 28 year old informant on this record. His relationship to the deceased is not stated in this record. There are actually two informants on this record and he was the second one.
by erudita74
06 Sep 2012, 03:37
Topic: birth record help
Views: 780

Re: birth record help

I can understand why you are confused. I believe there is a correction in the record as (Donna) Carolina Cavotta was referred to as the daughter of (Don) Francesco Purcaro, the son of Don Angelo, but then it states that it should read that she was the wife of Don Francesco. At least that is what I a...