Search found 70 matches

by Primo Mattino
21 Nov 2019, 20:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Fortunato DePaula
Replies: 23
Views: 1156

Re: Fortunato DePaula

Why don't you just do a Google search inside the website http://www.benvanrijswijk.com/fontigenealogiche.htm for example site:benvanrijswijk.com "paola, fortunato" This will spare you a lot of time I think. Perhaps lyn1982 will probably think that "I seem only on here to help myself and friends make...
by Primo Mattino
15 May 2019, 23:43
Topic: Help with Translation - Messy Handwriting
Replies: 4
Views: 475

Re: Help with Translation - Messy Handwriting

It's the index of the processetti for this wedding. This side of the document starts with: Second: the act of permission of the father of the groom (he was absent at the wedding ceremony). Third: the death act of the mother of the groom. Fourth: the act of baptism of the bride. Fifth: the death act ...
by Primo Mattino
22 Apr 2019, 23:46
Topic: Help finding Cappelli / Delfino
Replies: 8
Views: 774

Re: Help finding Cappelli / Delfino

https://www.archiviodiocesanoreggiobova ... rocchiali/
On this website you find all the available church records of Bova Marina and Palizzi.
by Primo Mattino
30 Mar 2019, 13:00
Topic: Posting Problem
Replies: 7
Views: 691

Re: Posting Problem

I might be beating a dead horse, but have you already cleared your cookies?
by Primo Mattino
15 Nov 2018, 10:58
Topic: Croce-Reggio Calabria
Replies: 2
Views: 526

Re: Croce-Reggio Calabria

Probably the name is not Croce but Crocè. On my website there is a Filippo Crocè married in Reggio Calabria to Antonia Libri in 1925. If I knew the adress I could get some information.
by Primo Mattino
10 Nov 2018, 12:20
Topic: IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE - Your feelings on this website?
Replies: 3
Views: 1618

Re: IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE - Your feelings on this website?

This website Circolo Calabrese has taken the data of my website (which is about 10 years of work) and probably also of other websites. The owner of Circolo Calabrese has the brutallity to offer these stolen data to his victims as "Our Genealogical Collections" and to ask money for the use of them. O...
by Primo Mattino
01 Nov 2018, 14:29
Topic: Looking for info on Maggie Giufre Calabrese
Replies: 4
Views: 570

Re: Looking for info on Maggie Giufre Calabrese

The surname of Grazia is Mosolino.
by Primo Mattino
21 Oct 2018, 14:15
Topic: MARRA/BOVA FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA
Replies: 6
Views: 811

Re: MARRA/BOVA FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA

Some volumes of the Civil State of Reggio do not exist at the archive. If I remember well 1888 is one of those. There do exist copies at the comune though, I went to the ofice of Anagrafe to ask permission to digitalize the volumes that are missing at the archive, but they did not want me to. Right ...
by Primo Mattino
21 Oct 2018, 13:58
Topic: RE: LABATE FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA
Views: 561

Re: RE: LABATE FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA

4 nov. 1817 Antonio Labate marries Grazia Jeracà. As there is no Civil State for this year of Reggio Calabria this is from the Lista Suppletoria. The parish is S. Maria d'Itria. You can find the act on https://www.archiviodiocesanoreggiobova.it/consultazione-registri-parrocchiali/ The indices of the...
by Primo Mattino
11 Sep 2018, 18:47
Topic: Researching Gattuso family in Valanidi, Calabria
Views: 955

Re: Researching Gattuso family in Valanidi, Calabria

Until halfway the 18th century there was only one Valanidi with the parish S. Nicola. It was up in the mountains and was later on referred to as Valanidi Superiore. In the course of the 18th century people initiated a settlement near the coast which was referred to as Valanidi Inferiore. The first o...
by Primo Mattino
24 Jul 2018, 19:35
Topic: How to determine parish of a town in Italy?
Views: 1104

Re: How to determine parish of a town in Italy?

Parrocchia Maria SS Ausiliatrice, Telefono: 080.8915683.(From abroad call 0039808915683). Indirizzo: Via Ten. Notarnicola n. 56, 70010 Turi Italia. . The comune will and can not help you because the date is before the start of the Stato Civile (1809).
by Primo Mattino
24 Jul 2018, 19:30
Topic: Profession
Replies: 3
Views: 723

Re: Profession

Pecorajo means shepherd.
by Primo Mattino
19 May 2018, 20:55
Topic: For Bagnara Researchers, Misfiled Records
Views: 584

Re: For Bagnara Researchers, Misfiled Records

Note that these Lista Suppletoria registers are very important, since the Bagnara parish registers of baptism, marriage and death do not go back any further than 1858.
by Primo Mattino
18 Jan 2018, 09:06
Topic: Spano Family
Replies: 9
Views: 1734

Re: Spano Family

You can do some homework using this website:http://www.benvanrijswijk.com/fontigenealogiche.htm You can also use this formula to search inside this website: "lastname, first name" site:www.benvanrijswijk.com Pay attention to the fact that the name is Spanò (with accent on o) and that Sideri was most...