Search found 70 matches

by Primo Mattino
16 Dec 2017, 11:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Archivio Diocesano Reggio Calabria e Bova Online
Replies: 5
Views: 1050

Re: Archivio Diocesano Reggio Calabria e Bova Online

Let's hope they will experience that sharing things is much more beautifull than keeping things to yourself and that they will change their mind in the near future.
by Primo Mattino
15 Dec 2017, 20:45

Re: Archivio Diocesano Reggio Calabria e Bova Online

Well, our director Pia Mazzitelli is a kind of wonderwoman who managed to get two archbishops interested in this project. At first to get me the written permission to enter in the archives of the various parishes and take with me whatever I wanted and second to get the money to create and maintain t...
by Primo Mattino
15 Dec 2017, 19:35

Archivio Diocesano Reggio Calabria e Bova Online

I am very happy (and also a little proud because we are the first diocese in Italy to do so) that all the baptism-, marriage- and deathregisters of the Diocese of Reggio Calabria and Bova that I have been able to find and photograph (over 300,000 pictures) are now available online at this address: h...
by Primo Mattino
21 Oct 2017, 16:46
Topic: Campolo
Replies: 11
Views: 2313

Re: Campolo

I have nothing to add to what is written above because camwal can find what he needs in the also above nominated websites http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it, http://www.archiviareagrecanica.it/ and http://www.benvanrijswijk.com/fontigenealogiche.htm . But just for the case someone is intereste...
by Primo Mattino
17 Jul 2017, 15:51
Topic: Sharing tree info
Replies: 13
Views: 2117

Re: Sharing tree info

If incorrect quoting would be an argument to keep the results of a pedigree survey secret, we should also stop publishing books. How many books have not been quoted incorrectly in the course of history?
by Primo Mattino
16 Jul 2017, 21:50
Topic: Sharing tree info
Replies: 13
Views: 2117

Re: Sharing tree info

If Edison had used his lamp for private use only we all should still be in the dark
by Primo Mattino
04 Jul 2017, 23:39
Topic: Cuppare Family from Reggio di Calabria, Italy
Replies: 21
Views: 14141

Re: Cuppare Family from Reggio di Calabria, Italy

I have encountered the name hundreds of times but it was never spelled Cuppare. The correct name is Cuppari. Check my website using Google with this formula: "cuppari" site:www.benvanrijswijk.com. You can also use: "cuppari, giuseppe" site:www.benvanrijswijk.com and all kind of different variations....
by Primo Mattino
09 May 2017, 11:27
Topic: Stefano Crisafulli
Replies: 38
Views: 5234

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

The plaque is way too small to read. The name Crisafulli/Crisofulli/Crisapulli/ Crisopulli is also very common in the town of Bova in the province of Reggio Calabria. A Stefano Crisafulli marries Vincenza Costantino in Reggio Calabriain 1886 (act nr. 353)
by Primo Mattino
02 May 2017, 17:07
Topic: 1700's early 1800's
Views: 1273

Re: 1700's early 1800's

If you are looking for the Reggio Calabria province my website could help you.
by Primo Mattino
10 Apr 2017, 10:59
Topic: How do I verify family tree information on FamilySearch.org
Replies: 15
Views: 2357

Re: How do I verify family tree information on FamilySearch.org

As far as I am concerned, the only way to be sure is consulting the primary sources. There is a lot of bullshit on FS.
by Primo Mattino
03 Apr 2017, 14:00
Topic: Campo Calabro (Calabria) Data Sources Help
Replies: 4
Views: 862

Re: Campo Calabro (Calabria) Data Sources Help

All the available records are in the Archivio Diocesano di Reggio Calabria. They start in 1702 and are fairly complete. You can write for information and copies: archiviodiocesano.rcb@gmail.com The website is: http://www.webdiocesi.chiesacattolica.it/pls/cci_dioc_new/v3_s2ew_consultazione.mostra_pag...
by Primo Mattino
24 Jan 2017, 18:22
Topic: Feudalism in Southern Italy in the 1600's and 1700's
Replies: 1
Views: 551

Re: Feudalism in Southern Italy in the 1600's and 1700's

A nice glimpse into the daily life of ordinary people in those days in the Kingdom of Naples offers the book "Village Justice" by Tommaso Astarita.
https://www.amazon.com/Village-Justice- ... 0801861381
by Primo Mattino
15 Nov 2016, 23:03
Topic: Can anyone figure out her last name?
Views: 1025

Re: Can anyone figure out her last name?

I think it's Pigrolunti (index) or Pignolunti (certificate)
by Primo Mattino
15 Nov 2016, 09:30
Topic: Scilla in New York 1899
Replies: 2
Views: 870

Scilla in New York 1899

I found this nice document in a cash book in the archive of the church of Scilla. It is a list of the people from Scilla living in New York in 1899 who contributed money for the celebration of the day of SS. Cosma and Damiano . At the bottom are the names of 4 persons who did not want to donate :evi...
by Primo Mattino
14 Nov 2016, 19:57
Topic: Diocese of Reggio di Calabria and Bova digitized.
Replies: 2
Views: 708

Diocese of Reggio di Calabria and Bova digitized.

I recently finished digitizing all churchrecords of the parishes of the diocese of Reggio di Calabria and Bova that have records before ca. 1900. Only Bagnara is missing because the rector there is so incredibly stubborn that he won't even follow the orders of the archbishop and he insulted me sayin...