Search found 70 matches

by Primo Mattino
22 May 2014, 13:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Correct spelling of a name?
Replies: 11
Views: 2987

Re: Correct spelling of a name?

There is no such thing as correct spelling for names. If I tell the civil servant to write my daughters name as Erika instead of Erica he has the do so. In times when most people were ilitterate the correct way of writing a name was how the civil servant wrote the name in the birth certificate.
by Primo Mattino
08 May 2014, 15:00
Topic: payment for documents
Replies: 13
Views: 3442

Re: payment for documents

Hi crystalblue, I have posted another PM for you. Johnnyonthespot, several qualified people assured me the the commune of Reggio Calabria has thrown away their own copies of the civil state of the 19th and early 20th century about 15 years ago. I did not believe that and asked the commune to give me...
by Primo Mattino
30 Apr 2014, 19:06
Topic: Mayor of Reggio Calabria?
Replies: 10
Views: 1894

Re: Mayor of Reggio Calabria?

There is a pm for you.
by Primo Mattino
23 Apr 2014, 21:30

If the data are right, I don't expect any problems. Wednesday I will be at the archive and gather the documents for you. About getting citzenship though I have no idea. I am just a genealogical researcher.
by Primo Mattino
23 Apr 2014, 20:58

I happen to live in Reggio Calabria, so I know what I am talking about. There is no present mayor and if there was one he would only respond if it was electiontime and you could guarantee him a certain number of votes. For the second time: Let me know which data you want (before 1922) and I will hel...
by Primo Mattino
23 Apr 2014, 11:57

Maybe this site http://www.benvanrijswijk.com/fontigenealogiche.htm could be helpfull. Otherwise let me know what you need. P.S. In Reggio Calabria there is no general idea that civil servants are there for the benefit of the people. The general idea here is that they are there to occupy workplace (...
by Primo Mattino
17 Mar 2014, 20:23
Topic: Visiting Comune
Replies: 7
Views: 1469

Re: Visiting Comune

If your greatgrandmother was born before 1920 you can get a copy or make o picture yourself in the regional Archivio di Stato. There you are also able to look for other ancestors in the marriage- or deathregisters. In stead of going to the local comune I would choose that.
by Primo Mattino
02 Nov 2013, 19:56
Topic: Sicilian age for women to marry
Replies: 3
Views: 1086

Re: Sicilian age for women to marry

The youngest spouse I found had 11 years
by Primo Mattino
08 Sep 2012, 22:55
Topic: Ciarlandini, Reggio Calabria
Replies: 1
Views: 582

Re: Ciarlandini, Reggio Calabria

Seeing nobody replied to your request I can tell you this, though it will not be very helpfull. 1- If you mean the town San Lorenzo in the province of RC I think there is very little hope for finding something, because i never have seen anything about an orfanotrofio of that particular town. 2- If h...