Search found 364 matches

by ray1955
04 Jun 2014, 11:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian translator to English
Replies: 8
Views: 1055

Re: Italian translator to English

Pippo try this one. caro Ray hai ragione sono i nonni giuseppe e rosalia Alacchi e' la stessa foto che cercavo io da mio padre oggi.nella foto di gruppo la signora in nero e' la nonna che assomiglia molto alla mia nonna loreta spoto poi c'e' la zia sara lo zio rocco,lo zio saro. e io assomiglio molt...
by ray1955
03 Jun 2014, 17:27

Re: Italian translator to English

Well my cousin is in Sicily and yes they are Italian. So it is Italian and it is of the Sicilian dialect I am thinking cousin if it was just Italian I would think the translator could do it, but because of the part of the country they live, it is not making complete senses sometimes. Thats what I am...
by ray1955
02 Jun 2014, 16:34

Italian translator to English

I am having trouble with my Sicilian language Emails. The information in Google Translator does not come out very well and I am missing a lot of information because of it I was wondering if anyone can recommend a translator online. One that does not cost, what would you say is the best one? Thanks, ...
by ray1955
21 May 2014, 14:25
Topic: Silvestro military documents
Replies: 1
Views: 806

Silvestro military documents

I was able to get the physical appearance translated thanks to Marty Adelphia. I need to get the military portion dates of position, position, and campaign ribbons/medals etc. Can someone help? I am very interested in this document I understand Silvestro rose quickly and was in WW1. He went from enl...
by ray1955
18 May 2014, 14:00
Topic: RE: Inappriopriate Comments/Conduct
Replies: 6
Views: 5806

Re: RE: Inappriopriate Comments/Conduct

This forum has helped me immensely and I am thankful for its members. Translations have also helped me read documents more quickly. I can not thank your members enough for their do diligence in responses. From a very humble researcher.
by ray1955
21 Apr 2014, 01:36
Topic: Military translation
Replies: 2
Views: 1132

Re: Military translation

I have a friend on here that did what he could but its the military stuff identifying the medals and such like that not really an italian thing as a military italian thing.
by ray1955
08 Apr 2014, 14:54
Topic: Military translation
Replies: 2
Views: 1132

Military translation

I have approx 4 military pages in a pdf file sent from Rome Italy on a relative and I am trying to see what wars/campaigns and medals he may have received. I know he has moved from Corporal to Warrant Officer and that he served in WWI but don't really know much else and am looking for someone that c...
by ray1955
06 Mar 2014, 23:10
Topic: Loreta Spoto death record
Replies: 3
Views: 434

Re: Loreta Spoto death record

Thanks Tessa
by ray1955
06 Mar 2014, 21:56
Topic: Loreta Spoto death record
Views: 434

Loreta Spoto death record

Can someone translate this it is different than some of the others I have been working with.
It mentions Palermo and not sure if someone was married before or what would love it if you could take a moment and translate it for me thanks so much.

Ray
by ray1955
18 Feb 2014, 14:25
Topic: Help find a record
Views: 707

Re: Help find a record

Thanks Livio I couldn't find it either. I was able to get the date off of the Vallelunga Book usually that book is not too far off of the dates. Usually only a day. All I can figure is his marriage was in a different town. If I remember, marriages sometimes are performed where the wife grew up at he...
by ray1955
18 Feb 2014, 03:37
Topic: Help find a record
Views: 707

Help find a record

Marriage document for 27 May 1884.
Ettore Salamone & Maria Spoto

I have no other information and searching in Vallelunga Pratameno.

Anyone locate this file. I even went through all the Allegati's online for 1884 and didn't find it.
by ray1955
07 Feb 2014, 00:18
Topic: Research help
Views: 748

Re: Research help

wow that was a cat chasing its tail for sure.

I checked my family tree and all that information was entered already. Even the death document.

Seems I was looking for something late the other night after school and didn't even realize I had this stuff already thanks Ray
by ray1955
06 Feb 2014, 22:54

Re: Research help

What about Gianni Marty????

Gianni was a male child of Giovanni and Rosa Giuffrida page 565.
by ray1955
06 Feb 2014, 02:17

Research help

I have a book from Sicily that states Gianni Spoto
died 9.3.1876 at 46 yrs.
I have looked 1875 - 1878 but could not find his MORTI document.

Vallelunga Pratameno is location. Can anyone else find this death document?

Thanks.