Search found 364 matches

by ray1955
03 Oct 2013, 04:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Witnesses
Replies: 2
Views: 871

Witnesses

I am assuming if a person's name is on a matri record, followed with Testimonio they are usually just witnesses, correct?
by ray1955
01 Oct 2013, 04:00
Topic: Information about a town
Replies: 1
Views: 637

Information about a town

Does anyone know how you can find out what a town was like back when your ancestors were there?

I have the name of the town and know the jobs of my grandfather and grandmother and understood that those positions were considered for the sake of a better analogy, middle class at least.

Ray
by ray1955
23 Sep 2013, 20:57
Topic: Writing to the Comune
Replies: 3
Views: 775

Re: Writing to the Comune

Marty that was great I called the number of the website and had a researcher take my information and having it checked into plus giving me the info about the local center. apparently all the info about the place near me is not completed on line so they have to get it for me so that I an actually go ...
by ray1955
23 Sep 2013, 20:12

Re: Writing to the Comune

Went on line for my area to see if there was one near me but they are for this area not for Europe or am I missing something?
by ray1955
23 Sep 2013, 17:28

Writing to the Comune

I have approx 4 people who neither I have the marriage or death certificates of because they are prior to when the stuff was placed online. So I have to write. 1st. My question is do you have to send request for each individual Birth, Marriage, Death or request these individually for each person? 2n...
by ray1955
22 Sep 2013, 01:47
Topic: Indexes
Views: 584

Re: Indexes

I have been lucky doing what you suggested about calculating where a index record is located once I find a name on an index. Problem is out of pages and pages you come to indexes usually broken out by years right? But since records are scanned you can't search and I was hoping there would be somethi...
by ray1955
21 Sep 2013, 23:49
Topic: Indexes
Views: 584

Indexes

Does anyone know how to get to the indexes on FamilySearch. Having to go record by record kind of defeats the purpose of going to the indexes and finding where a record is.
Sure would help.

thanks
by ray1955
20 Sep 2013, 17:50
Topic: Geneology getting info from Italy
Replies: 6
Views: 913

Re: Geneology getting info from Italy

Thanks Marty so it would be as follows 011 39 0934 810023 Well I think I will try this today at a Office Max or such I do have a fax office here were I live but not sure as I mentioned about a charge. Did you ever do this Marty and where is this number going to go in Italy? Registrars office of sorts?
by ray1955
20 Sep 2013, 17:36
Topic: Elusive Sicilian birth record
Replies: 8
Views: 2908

Re: Elusive Sicilian birth record

WOW Marty you do this stuff like it is second nature to you awesome job !!!
by ray1955
20 Sep 2013, 17:32

how do you dial that number Marty from a fax machine? just as its written above or are there prefixes to it? I would have to use a fax machine somewhere else not sure if it will go through or will there be a charge?

Thanks, Ray
by ray1955
20 Sep 2013, 17:31

The town I had a problem with where it rejected was Mussomeli however the one you sent me for Vallelunga has not rejected so hopefully they will get it and respond. I am sure I sent it to the wrong person but maybe the deputy mayor will send it on and copy me or send it back with a reply of some kin...
by ray1955
20 Sep 2013, 16:55

Geneology getting info from Italy

Anyone share secrets how they managed to get information from Italy. I googled the Comune of a town where relatives were known to be from and picked the Deputy Mayor to get information and who to write too for information. I figure in our day and age of technology I might be able to NOT to have to u...
by ray1955
17 Sep 2013, 14:23
Topic: Le famiglie di Vallelunga", author Giuseppe Cipolla
Views: 4691

Re: Le famiglie di Vallelunga", author Giuseppe Cipolla

I am not sure if this book is available state side I am assuming its not. Piazza, are there any listings in the book for Spoto's?
by ray1955
14 Sep 2013, 20:23
Topic: Surname SPOTO
Replies: 46
Views: 10173

Re: Surname SPOTO

Marty/Tessa, a while back you gave us Giuseppe Spotto birth extract INDEX 104 1853 in the town of Vallelunga birth of Giuseppe Spotto son of Antonino Spoto and Maria Nicoletta Mulè I believe on the marriage certificate it had the above information however later on one on the children's birth act it ...
by ray1955
12 Sep 2013, 21:33
Topic: Surname SPOTO
Replies: 46
Views: 10173

Re: Surname SPOTO

Tried left clicking and no it dont open for me however I am using a MACBook Air and that might be a problem if it is working for you. In addition Marty, reason I didnt see the name in the index is they put Spoto Antonino and then his fathers first name I was looking for Spoto like we would have in t...