Search found 43 matches

by dbc2014
10 Feb 2019, 22:13
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Handwriting help please on birth record
Replies: 2
Views: 327

Handwriting help please on birth record

This is a birth record from 1804-5 from Rocca Canavese (source is Archivio di Stato di Torino online records). I am trying to determine the word in front of the name Giovanni (underlined in red). Thank you for your help!
by dbc2014
18 Nov 2018, 04:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Bettas Begalin married to Davito Gara & Nepote Brandolin married to Perucca
Replies: 1
Views: 526

Re: Bettas Begalin married to Davito Gara & Nepote Brandolin married to Perucca

I have dozens of Bettas, Davito, and Nepote from Rocca in my family tree. Been researching for 4+ years and have written 3 books of indexed records. Nearly everyone from Rocca is related, as far as I can tell!
by dbc2014
18 Nov 2018, 02:22
Topic: Translation help please - Ospizio di Maternita di Torino record
Views: 500

Translation help please - Ospizio di Maternita di Torino record

This is part of the record of my ancestor's birth from Ospizio di Maternita di Torino. I can read the top paragraph about items left with her when she was abandoned. I can also translate the first few words of the second paragraph, but am not sure how to translate after "tenere". Any help ...
by dbc2014
23 Jul 2018, 14:55
Topic: Another liste di leva abbreviation - help please
Replies: 1
Views: 516

Another liste di leva abbreviation - help please

This is from the 1804 liste di leva for Rocca di Corio (Rocca Canavese). Please see entries #23 and #24 for the surname Pagliero. There appears to be something in parentheses that looks like "n's". Does anyone know what this means? Thank you very much.
by dbc2014
23 Jul 2018, 14:53
Topic: Help with abbrevistion in liste di leva please
Replies: 0
Views: 440

Help with abbrevistion in liste di leva please

This is from the 1804 liste di leva for Rocca di Corio (Rocca Canavese). Please see entry #25 for the surname Pagliero. There is an abbreviation in parentheses between the surname and the first name. (It looks like "ross" but I have no idea what that means.) Does anyone know what that stan...
by dbc2014
04 Jul 2018, 15:54
Topic: Help reading town on marriage record please
Replies: 4
Views: 640

Re: Help reading town on marriage record please

I did not know they lived there so I wasn't sure. Thank you for your help.
by dbc2014
04 Jul 2018, 13:35
Topic: Help reading town on marriage record please
Replies: 4
Views: 640

Help reading town on marriage record please

I am trying to read the birth town for Agostina Betas Valet on this marriage record. It looks like Mignango? Does anyone know if that is correct, or where this town might be? Thank you very much!
by dbc2014
17 Jun 2018, 20:42
Topic: Help with date of marriage please
Views: 523

Help with date of marriage please

This is an atti di matrimonio from 1881. Is the official date of the civil marriage January 14, 1881? Would the date of the church marriage typically be the same or different? Thank you for your help.
by dbc2014
06 May 2017, 22:10
Topic: Davito Gara
Replies: 18
Views: 3201

Re: Davito Gara

Forgot to add: this Luigi did have a sister Cristina Maria Davito-Gara. I didn't see a Giovanni, Giovanna or Marietta. Marietta could be a surname (I have lots of Marietta's from Cirie in my line).
by dbc2014
06 May 2017, 22:03
Topic: Davito Gara
Replies: 18
Views: 3201

Re: Davito Gara

I have in my tree a Luigi Davito-Gara, born June 8, 1891 in Rocca Canavese. Father Michele, mother Domenica Nepote-Brandolin. I also have the indexes for births from 1866-1910 for Rocca. There was no Luigi Davito Gara born in 1892 in Rocca according to the indexes. Hope this helps.
by dbc2014
28 Aug 2016, 18:17
Topic: New Information
Views: 2948

Re: New Information

I would bet this is Rocca Canavese, Province of Torino in Piemonte. Have spent the past 2 years going thru the Rocca civil records from FHL microfilms, and there are hundreds of Davito Gara's in them.
by dbc2014
11 Oct 2015, 22:44
Topic: Obtaining Italian Records
Replies: 8
Views: 2935

Re: Obtaining Italian Records

Hello. I have been researching my families from Rocca Canavese, including Davito-Gara's. I have as a distant cousin a gentleman named Michele Celeste Davito-Gara, born 1895 in Rocca. He had a brother named Martino Davito-Gara, born 1886. Their parents were Antonio Luigi Davito-Gara and Rose Eurosia ...
by dbc2014
17 Feb 2015, 18:22
Topic: Need help translating a birth record please
Replies: 12
Views: 2010

Re: Need help translating a birth record please

No worries! Good luck. I live in TN and luckily we just got snow and kept power. Take care and thank you!