Search found 43 matches

by dbc2014
17 Feb 2015, 02:59
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need help translating a birth record please
Replies: 12
Views: 2010

Re: Need help translating a birth record please

By the way, you mentioned that the document had some description of items left with the infant. Can you tell what those would have been? Again, many thanks for all of the work you are doing to help all of us learn about our Italian ancestors. Best regards.
by dbc2014
17 Feb 2015, 02:55

Thank you again so much for the information. I really appreciate learning this from you. I do have a question: do you know how or by whom the infants were named? Her birth name was Margherita Eurosia Acomas. Eurosia seems to be a common name among orphaned infants, from a saint? I have no idea where...
by dbc2014
16 Feb 2015, 04:41

Wow - thank you Erudita for such interesting information! I wondered how that worked, and you have provided excellent insight into how the infants were cared for and ended up with those families. Thank you yet again! Best regards.
by dbc2014
15 Feb 2015, 21:05

Erudita, thank you so much for your help. I was very happy to find this record in the LDS microfilms, but I wondered where she was abandoned in Torino, and I could not tell. She never knew who her parents were, and we never knew who raised her; only that she grew up and married my ggf in Rocca. As I...
by dbc2014
12 Feb 2015, 18:02

Need help translating a birth record please

Hello all. I was wondering if someone could help me interpret/translate this birth record from Torino. Family stories are that she was born an orphan; somehow she ended up being raised in Rocca Canavese, but we do not know by whom. I am wondering if there is any additional information that may be le...
by dbc2014
07 Oct 2014, 04:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need Help Reading an Italian Name
Replies: 26
Views: 6332

Re: Need Help Reading an Italian Name

I am working on the Nepote-Brandolin family line, among others. I have (as a distant cousin) Luigi Nepote-Brandolin born 1891 in Rocca Canavese (his father is Michele) in my tree. Luigi had a sister Angela, and 4 brothers. Not sure if he is related to you, but thought I would share. Regards.
by dbc2014
07 Oct 2014, 03:23
Topic: Help on surname in margin notation for Cirie birth record
Replies: 3
Views: 649

Help on surname in margin notation for Cirie birth record

Hello. I was lucky enough to find my great uncle's birth record in the familysearch.org microfilms today! He was born in 1907 in Cirie (TO). In the margin, it is annotated that he got married in Cirie on 22 May 1948 to Maria, but I cannot read her surname. I was wondering if any of you had better lu...
by dbc2014
26 Aug 2014, 15:52
Topic: Help reading surname on a death record from Rocca Canavese
Replies: 9
Views: 1164

Re: Help reading surname on a death record from Rocca Canave

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate your research and insight! This is all so very helpful. Thank you again!
by dbc2014
25 Aug 2014, 01:07

Re: Help reading surname on a death record from Rocca Canave

IMG_1671.JPG IMG_1670.JPG Thank you for your reply. I am posting 2 photos from the beginning of this record. I am trying to read the surname for Luigia Pagliero's mother. I have seem some other records referencing a "Ferrando Viet Vittoria" but am not sure if the name on this record is th...
by dbc2014
24 Aug 2014, 22:33

Help reading surname on a death record from Rocca Canavese

IMG_1672.JPG
I am having trouble reading the surname on the first line of this page. It looks like Grand Viet, but I don't think that is correct. I would appreciate any help! Thank you!
by dbc2014
17 May 2014, 01:49
Topic: PAGLIERO, BRANDOLIN NEPOTE, or BETTAS VALET - N.Italy
Views: 837

Re: PAGLIERO, BRANDOLIN NEPOTE, or BETTAS VALET - N.Italy

Thank you very much for the ideas! I will start with the familysearch.org since the only dates I know are from about 1850 and later. Thank you again!
by dbc2014
16 May 2014, 03:51
Topic: PAGLIERO, BRANDOLIN NEPOTE, or BETTAS VALET - N.Italy
Views: 837

PAGLIERO, BRANDOLIN NEPOTE, or BETTAS VALET - N.Italy

I am looking for any information on my great grandfather PAGLIERO (greatgrandmother BRANDOLIN NEPOTE) and relatives in Italy (Rocca Canavese area), and great-grandparents BETTAS VALET and relatives in Italy (Cirie area). Any leads are appreciated!. Great-grandfather: John (Giovanni) C. Pagliero b. 1...