Search found 448 matches

by sacesta
08 Apr 2016, 00:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need Help Deciphering Latin Date
Replies: 7
Views: 1468

Re: Need Help Deciphering Latin Date

Thanks again! I googled Latin numbers and came up with something similar, but what I found must be a variation of the Latin used in this record and that threw me.
by sacesta
08 Apr 2016, 00:39

Re: Need Help Deciphering Latin Date

Thanks!
by sacesta
08 Apr 2016, 00:28

Need Help Deciphering Latin Date

I'm having difficulty reading the date on this Record of Baptism for my great grandfather, Benedetto Aceste. The year is obvious and the month looks to be Martii (March) but I cannot even guess at the day. Can someone help me? Thanks. http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p625/sacesta/AcesteBenedictiu...
by sacesta
07 Apr 2016, 21:54
Topic: Help Deciphering Latin Marriage Record
Replies: 5
Views: 1521

Re: Help Deciphering Latin Marriage Record

Frank, I don't have any info on the Sparacino family. Sorry. I just found this marriage record yesterday and before that had not heard the name Sparacino. Apparently, though Antonina Sparacino is one of my 3rd great grandmothers. She was an adult woman with at least one child (Antonia Cusenza) in 18...
by sacesta
07 Apr 2016, 01:14

Re: Help Deciphering Latin Marriage Record

Thanks. Always helps to have a second set of eyes look at these.
by sacesta
06 Apr 2016, 21:09

Help Deciphering Latin Marriage Record

This morning I found the marriage record for my 2nd great grandparents and have identified the next generation of parents. I need help deciphering a date. It looks to me to be "duiona" and I've consulted an online source of Latin nominal, ordinal, cardinal numbers but haven't found duiona....
by sacesta
26 Mar 2016, 17:48
Topic: Military Records for Camillo Papa
Replies: 2
Views: 949

Re: Military Records for Camillo Papa

Grazie Mille!
by sacesta
24 Mar 2016, 19:15
Topic: Military Records for Camillo Papa
Replies: 2
Views: 949

Military Records for Camillo Papa

I'm looking for military records for Camillo Papa. I believe Camillo was baptized in Calatafimi, Trapani on 21 Nov 1840 and that he was married to Antonina Gruppuso in Calatafimi on 11 Mar 1867. It seems there is not a lot in the way of civil records available online or on microfilm for Calatafimi. ...
by sacesta
20 Mar 2016, 00:57
Topic: Looking for Rocco Aceste (Acesta)
Replies: 6
Views: 1942

Re: Looking for Rocco Aceste (Acesta)

Marty, I'm guessing you are saying that Antonia Cusenza was deceased because of what looks like to me the qdom (quondam) before her name? It appears, then, that Benedetto's father was also deceased at the time of this marriage because I see what looks like it could be qdom before his name also. Is t...
by sacesta
18 Mar 2016, 03:01

Thank you Marty. Much appreciated!
by sacesta
17 Mar 2016, 23:06

Update on Aceste search: On a hunch,I ordered two microfilms from the Church of LDS. Both films were from the Chiesa Cattolica San Silvestro Papa in Calatafimi. One roll# 2015877 was of Marriage Records from 1620-1910 and the other, roll# 2015876 is entitled "Battesimi 1863-1910 Pubblicazioni 1...
by sacesta
05 Mar 2016, 19:56

Thanks for the links Marty. Unfortunately, I do not know where he was baptized. The Birth Certificate looks like it was issued from the civil authorities in the province of Trapani, commune of Calatafimi. I uploaded the image to PhotoBucket but I'm not sure how to imbed it into the thread here. This...
by sacesta
04 Mar 2016, 21:53

Looking for Rocco Aceste (Acesta)

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have only recently begun researching my family's genealogy. I'm having difficulty finding any documentation online for my paternal grandfather, Rocco Aceste. His name was changed to Acesta sometime after his immigration to the United States. My father's two sisters were ...