Search found 448 matches

by sacesta
11 Mar 2017, 18:59
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage of Giuseppe Tobia & Antonia De Simone 1710
Replies: 2
Views: 613

Marriage of Giuseppe Tobia & Antonia De Simone 1710

I need some help reading this record. Date of marriage looks like 28 April? 1710. Banns appear to have been posted on the 13th, 20th and 22nd. I'm assuming the same month (April?), but I'm not sure. I'm uncertain also as to the name of the groom's father. It looks like Agu?ini to me. His mother is A...
by sacesta
10 Mar 2017, 23:33
Topic: Marriage of Sebastiano Pampalone & Catarina
Replies: 3
Views: 988

Re: Marriage of Sebastiano Pampalone & Catarina

And now I have a real dilemma. Just a few entries down from the first on the index at page 1458 is another entry for a Sebastiano Pampalone and a Catarina. This time Turco, I believe. That record is here (bottom right)... Will the real ancestor Sebastiano Pampalone please stand up? I guess I'll have...
by sacesta
10 Mar 2017, 23:19
Topic: Marriage of Sebastiano Pampalone & Catarina
Replies: 3
Views: 988

Marriage of Sebastiano Pampalone & Catarina

Here's one for you master translators. It's a very difficult read, but I believe this record to be the marriage record of my ancestors Sebastiano Pampalone and his wife Catarina, whose surname appears to be de Simone. Catarina's surname is more clearly indicated in the "S" index on digital...
by sacesta
10 Mar 2017, 17:42
Topic: Record of Baptism Vincenzo Gruppuso 1661
Views: 575

Re: Record of Baptism Vincenzo Gruppuso 1661

Grazie ancora! This must have been the record I confused with Salvatore Pampalone's record.
by sacesta
10 Mar 2017, 17:40
Topic: Record of Baptism for Salvatore Pampalone
Views: 561

Re: Record of Baptism for Salvatore Pampalone 1683

Wow! I must have been tired when I posted this question. Yes, obviously you are correct about the names and dates. I must have confused this with another record I was also researching at the time. As it turns out though, this is not my ancestor. I just found his marriage record here. His wife was re...
by sacesta
10 Mar 2017, 17:34
Topic: Baptism Diego Costa 1680
Views: 553

Re: Baptism Diego Costa 1680

Grazie Pippo! I started researching my genealogical roots about a year ago and since then I have reviewed hundreds, maybe thousands of records. I've still got a lot to learn. Many of my ancestors undoubtedly originate in places other than Calatafimi. I'll have to go back to records I've already foun...
by sacesta
10 Mar 2017, 05:20
Topic: Baptism Diego Costa 1680
Views: 553

Baptism Diego Costa 1680

This record is a difficult read. I believe it to be the record of baptism for Diego (Didacus) Costa. His parents are Salvatore and Margarita. I'm not sure of the date, but based on the dates of surrounding records it appears to be October, 1680, on or before the 7th. Can you help me with the date? T...
by sacesta
09 Mar 2017, 15:54
Topic: Record of Baptism for Salvatore Pampalone
Views: 561

Record of Baptism for Salvatore Pampalone

I need a read on this record which I believe to be the record of baptism for Salvatore Pampalone. I haven't found Salvatore's record of marriage yet, so I do not know who his parents should be. On this record they appear to be maybe Michaelangelo or Michele? and Vita Pampalone. The date appears to b...
by sacesta
09 Mar 2017, 15:29
Topic: Record of Baptism Vincenzo Gruppuso 1661
Views: 575

Record of Baptism Vincenzo Gruppuso 1661

I need some help deciphering this record of baptism for whom I believe to be my distant ancestor Vincenzo Gruppuso. I'm not sure of the day but it appears the date is 03 Sep 1661. I know from his record of marriage that Vincenzo's parents are Jacobi Gruppuso and Brigida. I see that here. So, again, ...
by sacesta
06 Mar 2017, 18:46
Topic: Death Record of Mariano Zito
Replies: 1
Views: 555

Death Record of Mariano Zito

The index at the end of this volume of records (digital page 1314 of 3100 pages) directs me to page 87 for the death record of Mariano Zito (digital page 1256 of 3100 pages), and indeed the very last record on this page and continuing on the next page is for a Mariano. I cannot make out any of the o...
by sacesta
06 Mar 2017, 16:02
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Anybody else mixed with another ethnicity?
Replies: 76
Views: 65003

Re: Anybody else mixed with another ethnicity?

wo of my great grandmothers were redheads. One had fire-engine red hair and blue eyes, and she was from Western Ireland. The other had auburn hair, porcelain/fair skin, and hazel eyes. She was from Campania. So there ARE natural redheads in Italy! Few and far between but they're there! 8) Testaross...
by sacesta
06 Mar 2017, 15:53
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Anybody else mixed with another ethnicity?
Replies: 76
Views: 65003

Re: Anybody else mixed with another ethnicity?

Alsace-Lorraine has a long history of political instability, having been ruled at times by France and Germany. Although Catherine and her father were both born there, many of Catherine's records indicate she was born in Germany, while her father's records indicate that he was born in France. So, I ...