Search found 485 matches

by jrbak
09 Jan 2020, 00:14
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with translation of 1769 Latin birth document for Giovanni Domenico Marzone
Replies: 2
Views: 422

Re: Help with translation of 1769 Latin birth document for Giovanni Domenico Marzone

Dear Mmogno, I have gone back over all of the Marzone documents again and will wait to hear from you as to your thoughts. I am wondering if I am reading the "t" and "x" wrong in et and ex but the records still should read all the same, right. Thanks for the corrections too. Jeffe...
by jrbak
09 Jan 2020, 00:02
Topic: Help with the 1766 Latin birth record of Domenica Maria Marzone
Views: 338

Re: Help with the 1766 Latin birth record of Domenica Maria Marzone

Dear Mmogno, I am really confused now about all (5) of the Marzone posts I placed yesterday as I thought all read the same with Giuseppe Marzone (son of Giovanni Domenico) being their father and Maria Catarina (the daughter of Giovanni Pavignano) who married Giuseppe (spouses Marzone). I placed Dome...
by jrbak
08 Jan 2020, 23:05
Topic: Help with the Latin translation of the 1770 birth record of Maria Catarina Marzone
Replies: 4
Views: 589

Re: Help with the Latin translation of the 1770 birth record of Maria Catarina Marzone

Dear Mmogno,
Thank you for getting back to me and your definitions. At first I did not understand but the more I read it again and again, I do now.
Thanks so much,
Jefferie (jrbak)
by jrbak
08 Jan 2020, 22:46
Topic: Help with 1779 Latin birth record of twin boys, Giovanni Baptista and Giovanni Domenico Marzone
Views: 381

Re: Help with 1779 Latin birth record of twin boys, Giovanni Baptista and Giovanni Domenico Marzone

Hi PippoM,
Thank you for helping me with the translations of RD and May -google says maius so I could not put it together. Now I can see what I thought was a y was a j in Maij- I am going to write this down right now. Thanks for your kind words.
Thanks again, Jefferie (jrbak)
by jrbak
08 Jan 2020, 22:35
Topic: Help with translation of 1776 Latin birth document of Angela Maria Marzone
Replies: 3
Views: 426

Re: Help with translation of 1776 Latin birth document of Angela Maria Marzone

Dear PippoM,
Thank you for your translation and the correction about the born on the same day; I see that now. Thank you for your kind words as I am trying. I want to wish you a Happy New Year and I look forward to working again with you. Is that celebrated in Italy?
Thank you, Jefferie (jrbak)
by jrbak
08 Jan 2020, 22:21
Topic: Help with the Latin translation of the 1770 birth record of Maria Catarina Marzone

Re: Help with the Latin translation of the 1770 birth record of Maria Catarina Marzone

Dear Mmogno, Thank you so much for translating this for me and then giving me the English as well. What is the Latin for "son of said"? I have another question for you as well with regard to the Latin records that I have been pondering and wanting to ask you about. I notice on some records...
by jrbak
08 Jan 2020, 21:58
Topic: Help with #31 1887 death record of Giuseppe Godone
Views: 431

Re: Help with #31 1887 death record of Giuseppe Godone

Dear Mmogno,
I think this reads at 3 am (in the morning) in his own home. Thank you for the translation. I appreciate it.
Jefferie (jrbak)
by jrbak
08 Jan 2020, 21:45
Topic: Help with #2 death record of Angela Zucchino
Views: 403

Re: Help with #2 death record of Angela Zucchino

Dear Angela, I believe this is the correct link now. So sorry for the misinformation. I did not make the change yet but the last sentence reads the same as what you wrote on the prior post about the burial. I think there is another word besides propria there also but I can't really read the two Ital...
by jrbak
08 Jan 2020, 21:30
Topic: Help with translation of #29 death record of 1887 for Luigia Lavarino
Views: 496

Re: Help with translation of #29 death record of 1887 for Luigia Lavarino

Dear Angela,
Thank you so much for your comment and thank you for the translations; google doesn't always give me a good translation and I wondered about "propria" so now I will know how to translate these going forward. I will add them all to my list.
Jefferie (jrbak)
by jrbak
08 Jan 2020, 00:34
Topic: Help with 1779 Latin birth record of twin boys, Giovanni Baptista and Giovanni Domenico Marzone
Views: 381

Help with 1779 Latin birth record of twin boys, Giovanni Baptista and Giovanni Domenico Marzone

Hi, Could I please have some assistance with the record of these twin boys in this 1779 birth record. Thank you. Any additions and/or corrections would be appreciated. Die Nona? March (martii) or May? I seem to be having trouble with the way they spell this on this record and others; it actually loo...
by jrbak
07 Jan 2020, 23:55
Topic: Help with translation of 1776 Latin birth document of Angela Maria Marzone
Views: 426

Help with translation of 1776 Latin birth document of Angela Maria Marzone

Hi, I am in need of assistance with the additions an/ or corrections of the birth record for Angela Maria Marzone. I believe it reads: die decima sexta? 16th 1776 of May or March (maius or martii) in the same church Angela Maria, legitimate and natural daughter of Giuseppe of deceased Giovanni Domen...
by jrbak
07 Jan 2020, 23:17
Topic: Help with the 1766 Latin birth record of Domenica Maria Marzone
Views: 338

Help with the 1766 Latin birth record of Domenica Maria Marzone

Hello, May I have some assistance with corrections and/or additions of this birth record for Domenica Maria Marzone please. I believe it reads: 14th of March 1766 in the same church, Domenica Maria, legitimate and natural daughter of Giuseppe from Giovanni Domenico and Maria Catarina from Giovanni P...
by jrbak
07 Jan 2020, 23:08

Help with the Latin translation of the 1770 birth record of Maria Catarina Marzone

Hello, I am in need of help with the Latin translation of the first line of the birth record of Maria Catarina. I cannot decipher from Anno ? mille? ? ? et die vigesima quinta (24) ?? in ecclesia parochial. SS Pietro and Lorenzo in Piverone?? Additions or corrections: Maria Catarina, legitimate and ...
by jrbak
07 Jan 2020, 22:52
Topic: Help with translation of 1769 Latin birth document for Giovanni Domenico Marzone
Views: 422

Help with translation of 1769 Latin birth document for Giovanni Domenico Marzone

Good Afternoon, I am in need of assistance with the additions and/or corrections of the birth record for Giovanni Domenico Marzone. I believe it reads: 10 January 1769 in the same church Giovanni Domenico, legitimate and natural son of Giuseppe from Giovanni Domenico, and Maria Catarina from Giovann...