Search found 124 matches

by mnaccarato
09 Nov 2019, 01:50
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Death Record - Translation + Mystery?
Replies: 4
Views: 505

Re: Death Record - Translation + Mystery?

Angela - that is incredibly helpful. That there are two records. I'm still confused on why it would say "residing in Vizzini" when he was living in NYC. I see in the original copy that it says "invitare Vizzini" - does that shed any light?
by mnaccarato
08 Nov 2019, 23:51
Topic: Death Record - Translation + Mystery?
Replies: 4
Views: 505

Death Record - Translation + Mystery?

Hi All, looking for some help regarding the early death of my Great-Great-Grandfather Salvatore Asta. I've translated the 1917 death record below, so would appreciate the cross-reference on that. To provide some context here, Salvatore had married his wife Sebastiana Cutrona in Manhattan, NYC in 191...
by mnaccarato
08 Nov 2019, 23:16
Topic: Help with handwritten portion of birth record
Replies: 6
Views: 797

Re: Help with handwritten portion of birth record

Would you also be able to help with deciphering the profession of the second witness, Antonio Vintoluzo? Thanks.
by mnaccarato
07 Nov 2019, 23:14
Topic: Interesting Mark on Signature
Replies: 3
Views: 607

Re: Interesting Mark on Signature

Got it! That makes sense, I was thinking something like that since both signatures are different. Thanks both!
by mnaccarato
07 Nov 2019, 22:51
Topic: Interesting Mark on Signature
Views: 607

Interesting Mark on Signature

I recently obtained my Great-Great-Grandparents NYC Marriage License and my Great-Great-Grandmother Sebastiana Cutrona has a mark between her first and last name in her signature, which is even notated by an official as "her mark." I noticed that her signature on a different document also ...
by mnaccarato
07 Nov 2019, 22:14
Topic: Help with handwritten portion of birth record
Replies: 6
Views: 797

Help with handwritten portion of birth record

Hello, I keep running into issues when trying to translate the last handwritten line that is pretty uniform across birth records. Can someone please provide a translation with the meaning of each Italian word here and what it means in English? Rather than a straight translation, I would like to know...
by mnaccarato
07 Nov 2019, 17:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help Reading Passenger Manifest
Views: 517

Re: Help Reading Passenger Manifest

Hester makes much more sense - thank you! Those names are helpful.
by mnaccarato
07 Nov 2019, 03:46
Topic: Help Reading Passenger Manifest
Views: 517

Help Reading Passenger Manifest

Hello, Below are two passenger manifests for my 3rd great-uncle Sebastiano Asta. In both, I can't decipher the name of who he is going to, any help? Manifest One: Row 14, Column 14: His cousin [name?] at 82 Baxter St in NYC, looks like first and last name both start with a G https://www.ancestry.com...
by mnaccarato
03 Nov 2019, 20:59
Topic: Sicily Birth Records
Replies: 5
Views: 769

Sicily Birth Records

Can I please get a cross-reference on the below translations for my great-great grandparents (Salvatore Asta + Sebastiana Cutrona) and Salvatore's brother Sebastiano? Thanks! Sebastiana Cutrona Birth Record Link: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9RMX-S1YZ?i=380&cc=1483039&cat...
by mnaccarato
02 Nov 2019, 14:28
Topic: Help with Vizzini + US Records?
Replies: 5
Views: 1055

Re: Help with Vizzini + US Records?

That's odd that Marianna is listed as New York. Giovanna (her mother) was born in NY as I have her birth certificate that states as so, but Marianna was born in Vizzini, Italy (see birth record: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GRMF-SJL3?i=19&cat=2387646). So out of the children,...
by mnaccarato
29 Oct 2019, 23:51
Topic: Response from Sepino - Question
Replies: 2
Views: 580

Re: Response from Sepino - Question

Got it, in Italian I wrote, "I request the following documents in free paper for historical and genealogical research purposes." I will write back to clarify and cross fingers. Thanks.
by mnaccarato
29 Oct 2019, 17:17
Topic: Response from Sepino - Question
Replies: 2
Views: 580

Response from Sepino - Question

I mailed a letter to the commune of Sepino earlier this month to get records that are more recent and received a response via email with the requested documents (attached). These are obviously great, but I was expecting a document that included a lot more information, such as a birth record like thi...