Thank you.
by cedrone
21 Aug 2021, 10:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Marriage in New York
Replies: 11
Views: 2094

Re: Marriage in New York

I looked at the act of Francesco Cucuruzzo, I think you are right, as the names of parents are the same as in Family Search and Lacco Ameno became Lacomena.
Could you explain how have you found it?
by cedrone
21 Aug 2021, 10:20

Re: Marriage in New York

Thank you. I asked not for me, but for another person who found the info on Family Search, but thinks it's not correct the surname of Caterina, so wants to see the marriage act, not published on Family Search. So the marriage act must be asked at the link you put, they are not online somewhere. Perh...
by cedrone
21 Aug 2021, 00:43

Marriage in New York

Could someone please find a marriage licence:
Francesco CURUZZO and
Caterina CANTO
Marriage 27 Feb 1922 in Manhattan, New York.
Thank you very much.
by cedrone
20 Aug 2021, 21:42
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: town of marriage
Replies: 7
Views: 905

Re: town of marriage

The town is certainly Castelfranco in Miscano, written only Castelfranco as it was bordering with Ariano di Puglia (now Ariano Irpino).
by cedrone
20 Aug 2021, 21:30
Topic: town of marriage
Replies: 7
Views: 905

Re: town of marriage

I read Barbara Costantini.
by cedrone
07 Aug 2021, 23:29
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Magnino - Sparone, Piedmont
Replies: 21
Views: 9683

Re: Magnino - Sparone, Piedmont

Yes Angela, we wrote together. I confirm, all marriage acts I've seen are signed with the maiden name. The fact that she signed Magnino (even if for the comune perhaps it was officially Magnin) confirms for me the reason of adding the second surname: two families with exactly the same surname or two...
by cedrone
07 Aug 2021, 20:59

Hi Bob. As to the marriage act, the signature at the bottom is the maiden name: Magnino Prino ; the official wrote Magnin - Prino, but it is the same. In this area there were various families with same surname Magnino and at a certain moment it was decided to add to one of them the second surname Pr...
by cedrone
07 Aug 2021, 11:34

(follows) The birth act states that the father Giacomo was a 'muratore' (mason, bricklayer) and the mother was a 'contadina' (farmer, peasant). In the last part of the act there are the names of two witnesses (not important, usually they are not relatives) and the signatures: Giacomo Magnino, the tw...
by cedrone
07 Aug 2021, 11:15

Hi Bob Sparone is the name of the whole 'comune' that includes various hamlets or small villages (from wikipedia:) Apparè, Bisdonio, Calsazio, Feilongo, Frachiamo, Lantigliera, Nosè, Piani, Pra' Prete, Russa, Torre, Vasario, Peretti ----- So Your ancestor was born in Apparè, where there is that chur...
by cedrone
07 Aug 2021, 11:02

Salve Angela. Thank you for this act. Yes it confirms the mother's surname, a double surname, common in Piemonte, as someone (perhaps you?) explained on this forum to distinguish families with the same (first) surname. Note that in the signature she wrote Magnino. Or I'd consider it a single great a...
by cedrone
07 Aug 2021, 01:18

Act n. 18 of 7 March 1890 Magnino Giovanni Battista, born 4 March 1890 in Sparone, locality Apparè son of Magnino Giacomo , 38 yo, mason and Magnin Prino [?] Caterina, farmer. I can't read well the mother's name, but perhaps you already have it. I'll look if I can find also the baptism act of the ch...
by cedrone
07 Aug 2021, 00:30

I saw only now your post and that no one answered you until now. I try to tell you something. Sparone is a small village near Torino. The registers are available on Family Search, so I looked for the birth act of your grandfather, but perhaps you already have it. It is written badly, I'll try later ...
by cedrone
06 Aug 2021, 10:55
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Do I qualify?
Replies: 2
Views: 3322

Re: Do I qualify?

Can you please explain better about your father? He was not Italian and became Italian? In which way? Did he immigrated to Italy, asked Italian citizenship and then reemigrated? And your mother was not living in Italy? If they were married, she probably became Italian. In any case if your father was...
by cedrone
23 Jul 2021, 00:28
Topic: birth act help please
Replies: 2
Views: 1121

Re: birth act help please

The mother Angela Maria Russo, living in Biserta (in 1905) , wrote a 'procura' to the declarant Gaetano Basile to act in her name in Italy. They asked the Tribunale of Ariano to authorize the late registration of the birth and together the recognition of the child by the mother. The birth had been i...