Marriage Record Search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
italianmutt
Rookie
Rookie

Marriage Record Search

Post by italianmutt »

Hello!

I have been trying unsuccessfully to find the marriage record or procesitti of Antiono Farina (born May 2, 1810 in Maddaloni) and Caterina Mandatto (born in Maddaloni). I know they had a child Rosa in 1833.

Can anyone help?
rlw254
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Record Search

Post by rlw254 »

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
10 June 1828
Angelo Antonio Andrea Farina, 22, son of Alessandro Farina (deceased) & Rosa Piscitella
Caterina Mandato, 22, daughter of Pietro Mandato & Angela Ferraro (deceased)
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

italianmutt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianmutt »

I found this record, but it is not the correct one. Antonio's parents are Agostina Farina and Maria Tedesco per his birth record. Sorry, I should have included that in my post
rlw254
Master
Master

Post by rlw254 »

How can you be sure that you're looking at the correct birth record? Do you have his death record that also indicates his wife was Caterina Mandato with the parents Agostino Farina & Maria Tedesco?

Here is the start of the processetti for the above marriage:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

1. 13 Aug 1805 baptism (born yesterday) of Angelo Andrea Antonio Farina s/o Alessandro Farina & Rosa Piscitella
2. 8 Mar 1817 death of Alessandro Farina, 39, husband of Rosa Piscitella, son of Francesco Farina (deceased)
3. 19 July 1780 death/burial rites of Francesco Farina, husband of Isabella di Sette (?), age 45
4. 26 May 1806 baptism (born yesterday) of Caterina Mandato, d/o Pietro Mandato & Angela Ferraro
5. 27 (I think) July 1820 death/burial of Angela Ferrara, 42, daughter of Filippo Ferrara (deceased) & Rosa - (deceased)
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

italianmutt wrote: 06 May 2021, 01:07 I found this record, but it is not the correct one. Antonio's parents are Agostina Farina and Maria Tedesco per his birth record. Sorry, I should have included that in my post

You need to show us how you know that your Antonio Farina, son of Agostino Farina and Maria Tedesco was married to a Caterina Mandato. Were there other children born to this couple? It "seems" that the Birth Record for the Rosa that was born in 1833 was the child of the couple Angelo, Andrea, Antonio Farina and Caterina who were married in 1828? What else can you tell us about your Antonio Farina and wife Caterina Mandato.

(I've just noticed rlw254's comment here and I definitely agree with what he has said.)

Angela
italianmutt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianmutt »

Thank you for your help. After reviewing the records, I think I was given the wrong names of Antonio's parents. I think you are both correct, and this is the right marriage. I apologize. Thank you
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Happy to help. (Don’t worry. It happens .... unfortunately people pass on misleading information to people. We see it all the time, and especially in Family Trees that are posted on line. If people can’t give a “source” for the info they are giving you, then there’s generally something wrong.)

Angela :)