Marriage Record Needed

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tarheel56
Veteran
Veteran

Marriage Record Needed

Post by tarheel56 »

Hi. This is my first time posting in the genealogy section. I have hit a brick wall concerning the marriage of one of my ancestors. Joannes Peila is married to a woman named Maria. Joannes was born in 1634 to Petrus Peila and a woman also named Maria. I am enclosing a URL of his birth record in Rivarolo Canavese, San Giacomo Parish. Joannes oldest child was born in 1658 also in Rivarolo Canavese. I'm guessing he was married in the 1650-1657 range. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Joannes Peila Birth Record
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=442882
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Record Needed

Post by darkerhorse »

Was he a Hungarian who immigrated to Turin?
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

According to the surname map, Peila appears to be common in the vicinity of Turin and virtually nonexistent anywhere else in Italy...
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will eventually collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
tarheel56
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tarheel56 »

Joannes birth record is supplied. He was born in Rivarolo Canavese which is in Turin so I don’t see how he could have come from Hungary. Interesting concept though.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

the marriage is no in San Giacomo church records... clearly married in other parish (if more church in a town) or also in other parish of another town.. The tradition was and is currently also, to marry in the town and in the parish of bride. So I believe that the wife of your ancestor pertaining no the church of rivarolo Canavese. She married and then went in Rivarolo Canavese... I believe so...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
tarheel56
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tarheel56 »

Thanks to all that replied. All response were very helpful.