Giuseppe Bollini - help finding birth and marriage certificates

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
santiagomon

Giuseppe Bollini - help finding birth and marriage certificates

Post by santiagomon »

Hi! Hope you are all doing well. I am looking for my ancestor’s birth/baptism certificate.
As well, I am also looking for a marriage certificate in Italy with Maria Luigia Castelli.
Many thanks in advance for all your help in finding any information about them and/or any guidance you can provide in order for me to find them and move forward with my research (as I'm unfortunately stuck)

Name: Giuseppe Bollini (spanish name: Jose)
Parents: Angelo Bollini and Giuditta Tatarletti / Tattarletti (or any variance with less T in the surname) (spanish name: Judith/Judit)
Estimated birth date: 1847-1850
Estimated Birth place: The baptismal certificate of one of the children says that it was from Vedano Olona, Como. It could also be from Varese. In the 1895 Argentine census it says he was from Milan.
According to the 1895 Argentine Census, he was 45 years old.
Deceased 7/27/1916 at age 69 in Buenos Aires, Argentina (estimated date of birth: 1847)

Married in: Italy
Wife: Maria Luigia Castelli (spanish name: Maria Luisa)
Parents: Angelo Castelli y Rosa Veneri / Vaneni / Vaneri
Estimated birth date: 1861
Estimated marriage date: 1876/1877/1878 (they were married for 18 years at the 1895 census)

Spouse's birthplace (possibly, unsure): Vedano Olona / Binago / Bedegon
Deceased: 5/24/1936 at age 75

Place where they lived in Argentina: Capital Federal (Buenos Aires)

Children of Giuseppe and Maria Luigia (all born in Argentina)
-Angela Bollini - 1881
-Adolfo Bollini - 1883
-Alfredo Bollini - 1885
-Maria Josefa Bollini -1888
-Ema Bollini - 1890
-Jose Arturo Bollini - 1891
-Maria Esther Bollini - 1893
-Ana Amerlia Bollini - 1896
-Elena Concepcion Nieves Bollini - 1898
-Alberto Bollini - 1901
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Giuseppe Bollini - help finding birth and marriage certificates

Post by Italysearcher »

If you don't find what you need here,
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
then you will need to write to the town. If you need them for citizenship purpose you will have to get official certificates from the town or parish.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
santiagomon

Post by santiagomon »

Hi, thanks for your help.
Any suggestion on how to find out his place of birth? Would requiring the military records ("liste di leva") be useful? If so, where should I ask for them?
As well, any guidance on how to find her place of birth? They might have been married in that city, and the marriage record would have details of his hometown.
I'm a bit lost so any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!
joetucciarone
Elite
Elite

Post by joetucciarone »

Hi Santiago - Here is the current distribution of the surname "Tattarletti" in Italy:

http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... TZ7VC1h1qs

As you can see, it is a very rare surname with several instances in the area around Varese. This might be an indication that the certificate you mentioned, possibly naming Varese as the baptismal location, is accurate.
santiagomon

Post by santiagomon »

Hi, Thanks for your help! Is there a way for me to know the town on that website you shared?
As well, do you have any guidance on how to find the birth place of the spouse? They might have been married in that city, and the marriage record would have details of his hometown.
I really appreciate your help!!!
Best,
Santiago
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Hello
I would bet on Vedano Olona as birthplace first because it is very specific,(I can't imagine someone making up Vedano as his birthplace, it is after all a small village ) and second because there are still a lot of Bollini living here ,
Being born before 1866 what you need is the baptismal record, that you must ask from the parish.
this is the address vedanoolona@chiesadimilano.it
If you think I can help you, as I live in Varese just ten km away, send me a private message
Good luck
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
santiagomon

Post by santiagomon »

Hi Paola,

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your help :)

An uncle contacted the parish, and they said we should contact the Diocese of Como. The Diocese of Como then told us to contact the Diocese of Milano. Since Milano would not reply unless we have the exact date and place of birth, I was thinking of requesting the "liste di leva" to the State Archives of Varese, since I've already gone thru the "ruolo matricolare" of Como of this link and I couldn't find him (https://www.bdl.servizirl.it/vufind/Rec ... EZIONE-146)

Do you think this would be a good idea? And do you know how long it could take for the Archive States to get back with an answer on the liste di leva? I've written to Varese and Como (since they might have more details than what's available online) but I haven't heard back from them (email sent a month ago).Any guidance on this will be very much appreciated.

I'm doing all this research for 2 reasons: 1) to get to know my roots (I've found quite many surprised on my different Great-great grandfather and mother) and 2) to apply for Italian citizenship.

Have a nice weekend!
Santiago
PS: I will however contact the parish once again.
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

Vedano Olona was in the province of Como and from 1927 is in the new province of Varese.
The Antenati site says that the Archivio di Stato of Varese has the military documents of the comuni now in the province of Varese.

According to what told me the Diocesi of Como for another similar research, it is better to ask a search and certificate to the parish, then, if found the baptism act, the parish write a certificate and send to the Diocesi for a legalization and then it is shipped by the postal service.
(This if it is needed a document on paper for a request of citizenship or other admininistrative use).
Usually the Diocesi doesn't have copies of the registers of the parishes and a request to the Diocese is sent from them to the parish.
But to know the place of birth of your ancestors, have you asked and found the death acts from the Registro Civile in Argentina? It should have the place of birth or of last residence in Italy.
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

An uncle contacted the parish, and they said we should contact the Diocese of Como. The Diocese of Como then told us to contact the Diocese of Milano.
Vedano is and always has been in the Diocese of Milan, even when it was in the Province of Como.
The Diocesan Archive in Milan has the copies of the parish documents starting from 1770 BUT they are not indicized, so yes you must know the parish and the (approximate) date if you want them to make a search. Due to COVID safety rules in-person genealogical searches in this moment are very restricted
When writing to a parish make your request short and clear, as most staff are volunteers who don't have much time to spare. So if you write to Vedano just ask for the baptismal record of Giuseppe Bollini, son of Angelo and Giuditta Tatarletti, born between 1847 and 1850 and hope for the best
As for the marriage record , as a rule people were married in the parish of the bride, so you need to know where Maria Luisa Castelli was living at the time of their marriage
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
santiagomon

Post by santiagomon »

Hi Paola and Cedrone,

Many thanks for your reply and your guidance. I've written to the parish, and I'm waiting for their response.
In the meantime, I've received this from the Archivio di Stato from Varese.

I've asked them this: "chiede se nelle liste di leva della provincia di Varese è presente il nominativo di Giuseppe Bollini, natro tra il 1846 e il 1852, figlio di Angelo Bollini e di Giuditta Tatarletti."

And their reply was this:
"Con riferimento all’oggetto si comunica che la ricerca del nominativo segnalato non ha prodotto esito positivo nel Fondo “Distretto Militare”. Si fa presente che in questo Archivio di Stato sono conservati i Fogli Matricolari di Soldati semplici di terra residenti all’età di 18 anni a Varese e Provincia, quindi non sono presenti graduati per i quali bisogna rivolgersi al Ministerio della Difesa o Archivio Centrale dello Stato a Roma, nè marinai per i quali bisogna rivolgersi allá Marina Militare, nè Soldati dell’Aviazione, per i quali bisogna rivolgersi all’Aereonautica Militare. Per quanto riguarda eventuali certificati anagrafici, dovrà invece rivolgersi o algi Archivi Comunali per atti successivi al 1861 o agli Archivi Parrocchiali per quelli precedenti, del presunto Comune di nascita."

I'm a little confused now on what this means and how to move on with my research. Does this mean that Giuseppe was not born in the Province of Varese? (Therefore, Vedano Olona would not be accurate)

How can I continue with my research? Any guidance/suggestion on this?

Many many thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Best,
Santiago
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

It's difficult.
First of all, perhaps he was not in the (now) province of Varese.
But they say their list are only of the simple soldiers (other Archivi di Stato say also the 'sottufficiali'), there are not the 'Ufficiali' (of the Army), nor those of Navy and Aviation.
Perhaps you may try to look the liste di leva of the other part of the province of Como, they are online but they are hundreds of pages to look.
Where emigrated this person, to Argentina? If so,
have you asked and found the death act in Argentina from the Registro Civile?
santiagomon

Post by santiagomon »

Hi Cedrone,
Thanks again. Yes, he emigrated to Argentina; and I have the death act. This is where I found that he died on 7/27/1916 at age 69 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and his father and mother names. No other useful information comes from this act, since no mention to city/province at all, only reference that he was "italian".

All other information (i.e. places/cities) I have are from the baptism acts from his children and from the 1895 National Census from Argentina. Places mentioned are: Varese, Como, Milan; and Vedano Olona / Binago / Bedegon. This last one I believe it could be Venegono Inferiore/Superiore as the pronunciation in Spanish might have sound similar back then in the 1880's.

I've gone thru the ruolo matricolare online from 1846 thru 1852 from Como of this link and I couldn't find him (https://www.bdl.servizirl.it/vufind/Rec ... EZIONE-146)

Is there any other resource available online for me to go thru?

Many thanks once again!

Santiago
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

Can you send me the baptism acts through Personal Message or give me your e-mail, here it's a bit difficult to write some message is lost, not published.
santiagomon

Post by santiagomon »

Hi, I've just sent you a PM with the baptism acts and my personal email.
Thanks!