Parenti di Fumei

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
EmEff

Parenti di Fumei

Post by EmEff »

I am looking for relatives of my father. His father's name was Alfonso Giuseppe Fumei, born September 14, 1913 in Pieve di Cadore according to his own information.
Alfonso was the youngest of 3 siblings; a sister named Annunziata but called Marcella, and two brothers named Augusto and Mafaldo.
What I know about them is that Augusto married Gilda (possibly Ermenegilda), and they had a daughter named Giovanna, called Nina. She in turn married Francesco and they have a daughter Luisa.
Mafaldo married Florida, and they have Son Sergio, who married Liliana, and they had two daughters; Cinza/Cinzia and Catia.

I never got to talk to my grandfather about his family, because he died when I was little, and according to the rest of the family, he was very quiet and didn't talk about his family, so no one who is still alive today and with whom I have contact knows very much.
What I've been told over the years is that my grandfather's mother was called Elisabetta Da Cortà, but when I search for her in the records I have access to, I can't find anything.

However, a search on the internet yielded a hit on a family tree that lists an Antonia Da Cortà, born in 1879, married to Cesare Augusto Fumei, born in 1862. They have 3 children; Annunziata, Augusto and Mafaldo, but no record in that family tree of any Alfonso.

Lately, my father's sister has said that she heard something about him being adopted, and that he would then come from Rome, or the area around Rome.

I have two photos that are said to be photos of my grandfather's parents, maybe someone recognizes these people?

Unfortunately, I never learned Italian properly, so I'm writing this in English, and adding a "copy" in Italian that I wrote using Google translate. I can get by as a tourist in Italy, but I wouldn't be able to travel there and start searching churches and other archives for documents or records. If you want to answer me and know English, that would be great, otherwise I have to use Google Translate in a possible conversation.

So if anyone knows anything, or has tips on how I can search from here in Sweden without having to go to Italy or having to pay a fortune for information, I would be endlessly grateful!

Cerco parenti di mio padre. Il nome del padre era Alfonso Giuseppe Fumei, nato secondo le proprie informazioni il 14 settembre 1913 a Pieve di Cadore.
Alfonso era il più giovane di 3 fratelli; una sorella di nome Annunziata (ma soprannominata Marcella) e due fratelli di nome Augusto e Mafaldo.
Quello che so di loro è che Augusto sposò Gilda (forse Ermenegilda), ed ebbero una figlia di nome Giovanna, di nome Nina. Lei a sua volta ha sposato Francesco e hanno una figlia Luisa.
Mafaldo ha sposato Florida, ed hanno il figlio Sergio, che ha sposato Liliana, ed hanno avuto due figlie; Cinza/Cinzia e Catia.

Non ho mai avuto modo di parlare con mio nonno della sua famiglia, perché è morto quando ero piccolo, e secondo il resto della famiglia era molto tranquillo e non parlava della sua famiglia, quindi nessuno che è ancora vivo oggi e con chi ho contatti sa molto.
Quello che mi è stato detto negli anni è che la madre di mio nonno si chiamava Elisabetta Da Cortà, ma quando la cerco negli archivi a cui ho accesso non trovo niente.

Una ricerca su internet ha però trovato riscontro su un albero genealogico che riporta una Antonia Da Cortà, nata nel 1879, sposata con Cesare Augusto Fumei, nato nel 1862. Hanno 3 figli; Annunziata, Augusto e Mafaldo, ma nessuna traccia in quell'albero genealogico di alcun Alfonso.

Ultimamente la sorella di mio padre ha detto di aver sentito parlare di lui adottato, e che poi sarebbe venuto da Roma, o dai dintorni di Roma.

Ho due foto che si dice siano foto dei genitori di mio nonno, forse qualcuno riconosce queste persone?

Purtroppo non ho mai imparato bene l'italiano, quindi scrivo questo con l'aiuto di Google Translate. Posso cavarmela come turista in Italia, ma non potrei recarmi lì e iniziare a cercare documenti o documenti nelle chiese e in altri archivi. Se vuoi rispondermi e conoscere l'inglese, sarebbe fantastico, altrimenti dovrò usare Google Translate in una possibile conversazione.

Quindi se qualcuno sa qualcosa, o ha consigli su come posso cercare da qui in Svezia senza dover andare in Italia o dover pagare una fortuna per le informazioni, gli sarei infinitamente grato!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last bumped by EmEff on 19 Oct 2022, 22:45.