Marconi Family from Casalattico

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JennyWren13

Marconi Family from Casalattico

Post by JennyWren13 »

Hi,

I'm trying to trace my Italian family.....
My great grandfather was Alexander Marconi, born to Antonio and Carmella Marconi in 1897, Casalattico. He left when he was 16 and traveled to Scotland, Northern Ireland and finally Dubiln, Ireland. He worked in the Ice Cream industry with a Forte family from the same region.
Any help would be great :)

Jenny
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Marconi Family from Casalattico

Post by PeterTimber »

Before in Italy or after immigration in merry old???=Peter=
~Peter~
JennyWren13

Post by JennyWren13 »

It was an ice-cream parlour in Dublin, he later opened his own in Wicklow. Apparently he traveled to Northern Ireland from Italy and it could be that he learnt the trade there, lots of Fortes and Marconi's with ice cream places in Belfast.......His family in Casalattico were farmers...
ursulamezza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ursulamezza »

Hi Jenny

Have you tried your nearest Family History Centre? There are civil registration records for Casalattico from 1809 - 1879 which should be able to help.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp

My family is also from Casal and similarly moved to Scotland and then Northern Ireland. I don't know where you are, but if in NI, then the FHC in Belfast is currently closed for refurbishment which is very frustrating!

Ursula
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

SDear Jenny if you wish to obtain documents you can write away for them from Casalattico free of charge or if you wish something else please let me know what you are seeking so that I can direct your properly.=Peter=
~Peter~
hanna42

Post by hanna42 »

JennyWren13 wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to trace my Italian family.....
My great grandfather was Alexander Marconi, born to Antonio and Carmella Marconi in 1897, Casalattico. He left when he was 16 and traveled to Scotland, Northern Ireland and finally Dubiln, Ireland. He worked in the Ice Cream industry with a Forte family from the same region.
Any help would be great :)

Jenny
I am related to Alexander Marconi on my Mother's side of the family.
I am just starting on the research on the Marconi family having been very successful researching my Mother's Italian family( Rolleri Family).
Last week I found Alexander's wedding cert. He married Kathleen in Dublin in 1919.
Do you have that cert?
Would love to hear back from you.
Maria
JennyWren13

Post by JennyWren13 »

Hi Maria,

great to hear from you....
I've been looking into the Irish side of the family recently as I wasn't having much luck with the Marconis. Most of the info I've had has been passed on by word of mouth from family members as we lost contact with the Italian side a couple of generations back.
How are you related to Alexander and are you based in Ireland?
I don't have the marriage cert I'm afraid, I'm based in London and haven't had a chance to go over and get a copy yet.....would love to see it though.
Any info you have on how we might be distantly related or general info on the Marconi family would be greatly appreciated as it might spark a few more memories with my Nana (-:

Thanks

Jenny
hanna42

Post by hanna42 »

Hi Jenny,
Delighted to hear back from you.
I live in Dublin.
My connection with Alexander is as follows
My Mother Colette had a sister Carmel.
Carmel was married to Alex Marconi ( son of Alexander)
I am a niece to Alex & Carmel & cousin to their daughter Gemma.
I am helping Gemma with the research as she lives in UK.
I only started the research on Marconi family last week & was delighted to find the marriage cert so quickly as it will give Alexander's Father's name.
However with very heavy snow here at the moment I am unable to go to the records office to get the cert.
Will be delighted to email cert on to you.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Regards
Maria.
JennyWren13 wrote:Hi Maria,

great to hear from you....
I've been looking into the Irish side of the family recently as I wasn't having much luck with the Marconis. Most of the info I've had has been passed on by word of mouth from family members as we lost contact with the Italian side a couple of generations back.
How are you related to Alexander and are you based in Ireland?
I don't have the marriage cert I'm afraid, I'm based in London and haven't had a chance to go over and get a copy yet.....would love to see it though.
Any info you have on how we might be distantly related or general info on the Marconi family would be greatly appreciated as it might spark a few more memories with my Nana (-:

Thanks

Jenny
knocker1948

Post by knocker1948 »

Hi Maria

Good to see someone else taking an interest in the Marconi family. I am Gemma`s sister Yolanda`s husband.
The marriage certificate you talk about will show that Alexander`s father was Antonio Marconi or maybe Manconi a Farmer.
As Jenny says most other information was word of mouth. A lot was not disclosed by family who might well have known the true story of why and how Alexander came to Ireland.
I would love to compare notes with you and assist in any way that I can.

Regards

John
Family History for Marconi and Rolleri families
hanna42

Post by hanna42 »

Hi John,
I'm delighted to hear from you.
I was talking to Gemma on the phone recently re. the Rolleri family history & I told her I would start looking into the Marconi history too.
Since then we have had two waves of heavy snowfall so that slowed everything down.
But I plan to start searching again over the Christmas break.
However I'm delighted to tell you I have been very successful with the Rolleri history.
I have Francis Rolleri's first marriage record & the records of the children of the first marriage.
I also have the first & second marriage records for Louis Rolleri.
I will be delighted to email you this history.
My email address is key.ping42@gmail.com
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Maria .