d

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Surname...........Seate

Post by ptimber »

Suanj I am beginning to agree with you. If he can give us the first name of the ancestor who came to the USA we could pinpoint the right spelling. If he has more information on that persons the better., Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ptimber wrote:Suanj I am beginning to agree with you. If he can give us the first name of the ancestor who came to the USA we could pinpoint the right spelling. If he has more information on that persons the better., Peter
In effects, as are possible an search on an surname misspelled if we not have the first name? also year of emigration..
until to 1891 in italy not are records for Siati surname, are only an :
----

Desiato Carmine emigrated in 1886 in USA destination NY..
------
are 3 Sesto persons:
SESTO LORENZO

SESTO NICOLA (coming from Platania)

SESTO V.
-----
2 records for SESTI persons:
SESTI LUIGI

SESTI MARIA
--- but I've found someone De Seati surname present in Piedmont region (in Sicily are De Siati.. are similar); more, also if on "gens" SEATI (probable) says NOt Found, I've found an Seati person in Iseo(Brescia province) currently living .. this are the name:

Roberto Seati, Iseo (bs).. now this Seati surname are very similar!!

But, are also another possibility, that Seate surname are translation of italian surname;
in fact "seate" means "sedia" in italian, and Sedia surname existing in Sicily, and are many persons emigrated on ellisisland, for this cause I search the first name of Seate ancestor..., for reading all ship manifest...
Ciao, suanj
JLSeate

Post by JLSeate »

//
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Both suanj and I want to know the first name of the italian ancestor in your family that came to the USA as an immigrant.Once we know the first name we can zero in on who he is and give you the correct name. Peter
JLSeate

Post by JLSeate »

//