Italian Birth Certificate of GGF

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Tonio70
Rookie
Rookie

Italian Birth Certificate of GGF

Post by Tonio70 »

Ok, I recieved an "Estratto dai registri degli atti di nascita" from Varese, Italy of my GGF which translates to " Extract of the Register of Births". I am not sure if this would qualify as a Birth Certificate since it is an Extract. I have invested so much time in obtaining all documents relating to the direct lineage of my italian side that I would hate to not have all required documents before my appointment in August 2010. I am applying through the Miami Consulate. Anyone who has already applied through Miami can possibly shed some light on this matter. All help is greatly appreciated.

Also I had read on other posts that a Certificate of Italian Citizenship from Italy would also be required of my GFF. Is this true? I read throught the requirements from the Miami Consulate and I did not come across it.

Thanks,

Antonio
mler
Master
Master

Re: Italian Birth Certificate of GGF

Post by mler »

The estratto is what you need. You're fine. I've not heard of a certificate of citizenship being required at Miami.
Tonio70
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Italian Birth Certificate of GGF

Post by Tonio70 »

Thank you very much.