Dilluvio/Delisi family from Borgetto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dilluvio

Dilluvio/Delisi family from Borgetto

Post by dilluvio »

I am new to this site and am seeking some help in beginning my search for my family's background. My father's father was Settimo Dilluvio who arrived in the US in 1911 from Borgetto, Sicily with my grandmother Giovanna Delisi and my aunt Margherita Dilluvio who was just a few months old. My father was born in NYC in 1915. I have been able to trace the Delisi side a bit but have not made any headway on the Dilluvio side. Settimo died in NYC sometime between 1915 and 1928, cannot locate any death, burial information. He might have had a brother in the US before he arrived named "Sam" but I can find no record of Sam arriving in the US. I would like to locate any siblings my grandfather Settimo might have had and to trace his parents, etc.
I will be visiting Borgetto, Sicily in May. Any suggestions on how to start a search now and to continue in Sicily would be appreciated.
William
madelinetice

Re: Dilluvio/Delisi family from Borgetto

Post by madelinetice »

My father's name was Settimo Dilluvio and also known as Sam. His father was Joseph Dilluvio. They were both from Borgetto Sicily. They were both barbers. We lived on E. 66 St. NYC. Madeline