looking up lastname chemtonzio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ed0209

looking up lastname chemtonzio

Post by ed0209 »

While looking for information about my last name "Centonzio" , i was told information was found in the "Dizionario storico-blasonico delle famiglie nobili e notabili italiane: Giovanni Battista Di Crollalanza" under the lastname"Chemtonzio".
Anyone know an online resource that i can look at this book online ? maybe a pdf file , or if have access yourself, look it up if its true that the information is there? I would like to buy this book but first i would like to make sure that it actually has the information.
Any help is appreciated.
Ed
Michael31
Master
Master

Re: looking up lastname chemtonzio

Post by Michael31 »

www.paginebianche.it
cognome: Centonze
cognome: Centonzi
cognome: Centazzo

www.ellisislandrecords.org
Centonzi
ed0209

Post by ed0209 »

i really appreciate the reply, ill check those links and those names asap.
Thanks again :D
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The Blasonico book is not immediately available on the internet but you might wish to consult a commercial heraldic website www.heraldrys.com/search.php to verify the information. The surname Chemtonzio does not appear in the Italian surname dictionary but neither is my surname and yet I too have a surname listing inthe same Blasonico which I obtained from an antiquarian book dealer in Bologna.

There are quite a number of heraldic websites that maybe checked for all of Italy, regions, areas, cities. You may wish to consult google.com by inserting in the title CHEMTONZIO SURNAME GENEALOGY ITALY and see if there has been any research on that surname. =Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

www.heraldrys.com/search.php

for 49,90Euros they will provide you with a parchment paper containing a detailed history of your surname and your coat-of-arm. No matter what surname you ask, they will always find that you have noble roots...

I could not find them on the telephone directory and they do not provide a telephone number.

I would not waste my money with them...
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I was not suggesting purchasing any document but merely to verify the information so the admonition from Liviomoreno is pointless. =Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Maybe I was not clear: they do not provide information for free and the info they provide is merely invented.