STATO LIBERO - INTENTION TO MARRY

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

STATO LIBERO - INTENTION TO MARRY

Post by carolinechurch »

I'm still drawing a blank about my g.g.g. grandfather RAFFAELE CIACCIA born c1792 Napoli, or his brother SAVERIO CIACCIA.
They both married in London, in 1813 and 1814.
I have had an offer by a researcher, to visit the archdiocese in Napoli, to try to obtain a Stato Libero, or intention to marry, if one exists for either brother.
I've never used a researcher, and don't have a lot of money to spend, so don't know whether it is worth going down this road....
Has anyone had any experience with successfully obtaining one for someone marrying outside Italy in that time period?

All I know is that they listed their birthplace as Napoli, no more details.

Caroline.
Searching for my great x3 grandfather Raffaele CIACCIA, also known as Raphael/Ralph CHURCH. He was born in Napoli around 1792 and arrived in London before 1812 with his brother Saverio CIACCIA, where they married sisters Ann and Jane FURNEAUX. He switched between CHURCH and CIACCIA all his life, which has made it difficult enough to pin him down. I want to find his origin in Italy.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: STATO LIBERO - INTENTION TO MARRY

Post by ricbru »

I have heard Joe DeSimone is a good researcher, I don't know his fees.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carolinechurch »

Hi Riccardo, yes it was Joe who has offered to do the research, so it's good to know he is recommended.

I really wanted to know, has anyone else had luck with finding a Stato Libero?

I know there's no guarantee of getting anything, but is it my best chance of finding out which Commune or parish they were from?
Caroline.
Searching for my great x3 grandfather Raffaele CIACCIA, also known as Raphael/Ralph CHURCH. He was born in Napoli around 1792 and arrived in London before 1812 with his brother Saverio CIACCIA, where they married sisters Ann and Jane FURNEAUX. He switched between CHURCH and CIACCIA all his life, which has made it difficult enough to pin him down. I want to find his origin in Italy.
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

I hired Joe Di Simone to work on my ancestry using church records. He uncovered quite a lot of information and was in my opinion reasonable given the work involved. He delivers the certificates via email in .jpg format which is great because you have them so much sooner.
carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carolinechurch »

Thanks for the recommendation James.

Anyone else out there wanting research at the archdiocese of Naples? Share the cost?!