Choose a Comune where your documents are recorded?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Choose a Comune where your documents are recorded?

Post by Mulé »

Do you get to choose a Comune where you want your documents recorded or do they just record the documents in the Comune of your ancestors? Is it possible to request a certain Comune to be recorded at?

TIA - Happy Holidays
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Choose a Comune where your documents are recorded?

Post by tonyric »

You can certainly choose, but if your process is complicated like mine, for the ease of processing, just send it where the consulate wants to.
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

Is there a process or form to fill our to specify a Comune. The reason I ask is that I no longer have contacts/relatives in the Comune of my GGF whom I am using to apply, but rather on my father's side in Sicily, where I would like to be registered.
jgenduso
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jgenduso »

Mule,

I am wondering the same thing. My GF, who I am going through, was born a few towns over from where my whole family is from. My GM was born in the family town and I wanted to be registered in that one.

If you hear anything please let me know. My appt isn't until April 2011.

Thanks,

Joseph
Joseph F Genduso, PMP, MEng, MBA

Researching Genduso, Lo Re, Cagnina, Gallina, Mancuso, Mazzarisi, Panzica, Fratallone and Trombello in Resuttano (CL), Sicily
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonyric »

Mulé wrote:Is there a process or form to fill our to specify a Comune. The reason I ask is that I no longer have contacts/relatives in the Comune of my GGF whom I am using to apply, but rather on my father's side in Sicily, where I would like to be registered.
I am not 100% positive but I believe you can just tell the consulate which comune you wish to be registered in.
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

Yeah, it doesn't make sense for me to be registered in the middle of the country when all my current relatives are in Sicily. If I ever needed someone to visit the Comune for me, it would be in Sicily. When I visit, I am in Sicily, so doesn't make sense to be registered anywhere else. If I were to apply in Italy, it would be there as well.