Surname APISA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Amber

Surname APISA

Post by Amber »

I am currently looking for information on any of the following individuals:

Domenico APISA (born 10 March 1896 in Castel di Sasso) or his parents, Joseph or Elizabeth APISA nee VALENTINE. I know that Domenico had two brothers, John and Carl, and a sister, Mary. I also know that Domenico came to the United States before 1915 and settled in Farrell, Mercer Co., PA. He married Anastasia CIPRIANO in 1921.

I have been able to contact decendants of Domenico to uncover the past 90 years. However, I'm having difficulty locating anyone in Italy who is willing to help me with the search. I have written to all of the Apisas currently living in Castel di Sasso (17) and only received one reply. That reply directed me to write to the daughter of Carl (listed above) and I have yet to receive a reply. Any assistance or guidance that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Amber
Happy searching!
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surname APISA

Post by brujaojos »

Amber wrote:Domenico APISA (born 10 March 1896 in Castel di Sasso) or his parents, Joseph or Elizabeth APISA nee VALENTINE. I know that Domenico had two brothers, John and Carl, and a sister, Mary. I also know that Domenico came to the United States before 1915 and settled in Farrell, Mercer Co., PA. He married Anastasia CIPRIANO in 1921.
Hi,

Just to let you know, the Family History Center (aka-Latter Day Saints) has microfilm for your town of Castel di Sasso. It ranges from 1929-1809.

Here is the website of the microfilm numbers

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++

Also if you go to www.familysearch.org you can find where the closest Family History is near you.

Remember, these documents are actual copies of the Birth Acts, Marriage Acts, and Death Acts from your town.

Hope this is of some help to you.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Amber

Post by Amber »

Thank you! I'll check it out!
Amber
Happy searching!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The dates provided are incorrect. The microfilm for Castel Di Sasso, Provincia di caserta go back to 1809 to 1910. The rent for the micorfil is about $3.00 and bring along a book titled Discovering Your Italianb Ancestors by LynnNelson which is an excellent companion book for the microfilm and also bring a magnifying glass since it is mostly handwritten, beautiful but sometime difficult to read. Peter