Revisited great grandfather issue

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Revisited great grandfather issue

Post by phishfood »

I am trying to look for the real parents of my great grandfather Alessandro Inglese (name on cert. from Fondi). He came from Fondi, Italy. I have his birth certificate from there and he was born January 1, 1893.

The BIG problem is and the story goes that he was born by a barron. It is told that his mom was a worker for the barron and the barron paid the worker to get rid of the baby. So the baby was dropped off at at orphanage. The orphanage since burned down. A while back ago I was told that at the time (1893) there were 3 barron last names. Caetani, Colonna, and Gonzaga. I wish to know if my great grandfather really came from a barron. How do I go about doing this? I don't care if it costs money I just want to find who is real parents are. If anyone has any ideas could you please let me know. Thanks.

Kim
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Revisited great grandfather issue

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Kim,

You have the birth certificate not the birth act? There maybe a notation on the birth act and/or on his baptismal record, but probably only if the father's identity was known by the person reporting the birth & the information was provided.

Are there any Igleses' still living in Fondi?.....Any long lost relatives? Perhaps writing letters will provide the answer. Long shot, but you never known.

Anyway, just some thoughts/suggestions.

I can provide a link to the Italian white pages & provide an address to for the town, if you need them.

Good luck. Let us know if you need anything & how you make out.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Pasted from your other thread.

"Hi kim, no traces of real parents, most probable Alessandro was a son of a girl, he, Alessandro,it had to be conceived abt Feb/mar 1893.. well and this months is not the months of farmers (normally the farmer women make the illegitimate children abt march month), so most probable was a girl, a servant... no traces kim and don't worry more; let that the time cross all that must be crossed.... best regards, suanj"

Suanj knows!

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

There are no traces of parents at all. I wrote letters to Fondi back in 1995. The lady that raised my great grandfather has the last name of zanella and I wrote all the zanellas in Fondi to find out some info. but no luck. I was told that Inglese was a given name to him so I don't think I would have any luck writing to Ingleses'.

Suanj, like I think you said before, I need to give up on this line because I will never find out who his real parents are? Is that what you are saying? It is hard for me to do that.

Kim
Marco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Marco »

I don't know if that's already been noticed, but reading Suanj's translation of the document (in the other thread), it seems that the baby was left at the weel aged two days and that same day was adopted (may be not formally) by a woman of the town. Well of course she's the first suspect, and since this was immediately accepted may be everybody knew ... I have no idea if adoption on the spot was so common. In any case I'm afraid you really will never know.
Marco
=== added ===
Ooops :oops: sorry! I now understand that it was not an adoption but he was given to a wet-nurse (I managed eventually to read the italian and it is balia) Bad luck!
Chi fûr li maggior tui?
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

So the baby was an abandoned baby.......very difficult to trace, especially given the passing of time.......sad to say, but this may be one brickwall
that you will never get thru....... :(
wldspirit
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

I am very sad about this. I guess I will look onto my other line from Italy then and work on that side :) Thanks for the info. again.

Kim
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

There is one other option..............but it is such a loooooooong shot,
it may never pan out.........I had come across a message board, by accident.... :oops: , in Italy, where info was posted on children/parents
looking for their family connection, for adopted/abandoned births........but that's assuming the mother ever told anyone in the family, and that the decendants of that family were looking for the decendants of the abandoned baby.......like I said....
major longshot........
And I honestly don't know if I can find the site again...... :?
wldspirit
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

wldspirit,

I am up for anything. If you do run across it please let me know. I would LOVE to check it out.

Kim
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

I'll go on a search mission.......I do remember I came across it by jumping
from one site to another.....so am providing the page here......
this page has lots of links and I was exploring.......hopefully one of us can stumble across it again..........
wldspirit

http://www.genealogiafamiliare.it/links.htm
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

I will do some hunting and let you know if I come across something. Thanks.

Kim
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

It has been a long time since I have been working on my genealogy. I tried this site today but it does not work. Do you have any other sites that may be of help?