help to locate "La Balanla" ?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
carinthiangirl
Veteran
Veteran

help to locate "La Balanla" ?

Post by carinthiangirl »

a question from a genealogy-forum in Germany. it`s stated on a death-certificate that the grandfather from someone died at war 1944 in Italy at the frontline in "La Balanla". is this an existing place or a mispelling? the person can´t find anywhere this place. as that time the frontline was in the Toscana-area it maybe was in this region or more north of it: http://img10.abload.de/img/italienfront_06_44bhma.jpg
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: help to locate "La Balanla" ?

Post by liviomoreno »

Maybe if you post the document reporting "La Balanla" we can check if it misspelled...
carinthiangirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carinthiangirl »

thank you for the reply.
i will ask the person if can post the document here.
http://forum.ahnenforschung.net/showthread.php?t=33894
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I believe the word Balanla refers to a large vineyard "Azienda Agricola Vigliano" which is in Toscana. www.vigliano.com/english/distribution.html

The Vineyard Vigliano consists of a few houses scattered along a narrow country road SW of FIRENZE on the border between the towns of SCANDICCI and LASTRA a SIGNA not far from the ROVETA WOODS.

The Balan reference can be followed up by an e-mail in the Balan link which opens up when clicking on the Vigliano site above.

=Peter=
~Peter~
carinthiangirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carinthiangirl »

thanks for the possibility - i will forward this.
but i read that Balan is the vineyard-founders name, so not the name of a place...... :roll:
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

So what does that have to do with the word Balan, It might be duplicated or triplicated inthe Florence area between Scandicci and Lastra A Signa where Vigliano is located and Vigliano just consists of nothing else than a few houses on a country road SW of Florfence.

Just send an e-mail and ask the www.balan.it at Info@balan.it and/or balan@balan.it about the Tuscan wartime death of the German soldier amidst the country side where Balan and perhaps Balanla(WW11 60 years ago) have significance to the BALAN responders to your inquiry. Please keep me posted onthis as I wish to see where we wind up if you will. Thanks =Peter=
~Peter~
carinthiangirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carinthiangirl »

the Balan-vine has the name about the founder and owners. so Balan is a surname not a location, how i said. also Balan is an italian surname to find at many places more, most at Venetia, Lombardia, Piemonte and Liguria. to find left above by writing the name Balan at cognome at following site: http://gens.labo.net/

otherwise i will not write any more as nobody does appriciate this. think the one who posted at the german forum now may do this for himself.
thanks for willing to help. :wink:
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Balkan was a place in the ww11 period and in toscana (TUSCANY) so whatis the big deal in connecting with the Balan by e-mai lthat I furnished and see if they respond about German army activity in the Vigliano area during WW11?? Hey You never know what they will resp;ond and whatever their response yhou will know more than than now. =Peter=
~Peter~
carinthiangirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carinthiangirl »

think you mean Balan not Balkan. :wink: the last one is this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkans
and there is no place in Italy named Balan - have you found one?
also i don´t take more time for people i don´t know personally, how i said, they can do it for themselves if fluent in english. :?
and most time italians don´t speak or understand another language then their own. i know it as living in neighbourhood. so don´t think there would be a respond of the Balan-vineyard.
will spend more time in my own research. :wink:
but thanks again.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

who is your "patron" in this matter and I will pick up the cross. =Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Peter, I believe the original post is here: http://forum.ahnenforschung.net/showthread.php?p=273817
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Livio please do me the favor as I do not know German and communicate with these people if you know German and tell them to write to me in english if you will. Much obliged to you. =Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Peter, I do not know German either...

Maybe you could write to Info @ balan.it and when you have all the info get back to carinthiangirl
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Livio obviously your advice sound but not original! =Peter=
~Peter~
carinthiangirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carinthiangirl »

"who is your "patron" in this matter and I will pick up the cross."
my english is not so good to understand this saying. :?

most of the people in this forum can´t understand english, because don´t learn it at school in Germany. :(
all is not sooo important.....no more comment.....