Volturara Appula family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
suzieprice

Volturara Appula family

Post by suzieprice »

My Italian family lived in Volturara Appula, Foggia, Puglia, Italy. Most of the children from the Giuseppe Spirito/Concetta Villani family immigrated in the early to mid 1900's and went to USA and Argentina. I am specifically interested in connecting with some cousins that left Italy at a young age after the parents Antonio Carusillo and Maria Giovanna Spirito died. They went to live with an uncle Ralph Spirito (given name Orazio Raffaele Spirito) in Argentina. Does anyone know how to research Italians that went to Argentina? Of course I would be interested in connecting with family still in Italy also.
I would also welcome any inquiries of marriages for Volturara Appula as I have researched these at the Family History Center and have names and dates to share for the time frame of about 1860-1880's.
My grandfather Michele Spirito resided in Elkhart, Indiana after he immigrated up until his death. I think that Elkhart had a good many families from Volturara Appula that decided to settle there.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Volturara Appula family

Post by PeterTimber »

I can assist but for starters go to www.paginasblancas.com.ar for the telephone director for allof Argentina and seif you can pick up a SPIRITO with a familiar first name since there are more than 100 SPIRITO Listed.

I checked for Spirito,Rafael (raffaello) for entry into BA. with negative results so now go thru the 100 listings and see if there are any firstnames that are familiar to you inyour family. Seeif you come up with a town or city or even village in Argentina where Raffael went to live. =Peter=
~Peter~