Someone access an ancestry.com record please

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Someone access an ancestry.com record please

Post by donnawright »

I am looking for a passage for Maria Assunta Mammoliti around 1936. I know for certain she married my uncle Frank Tomaino (Francesco) in 1936 in Feroleto Antico / province of Catanzaro / region of Calabria - thus it will be that year or after.

Thanks for helping.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Someone access an

Post by Tessa78 »

Do you have an approximation of her date of birth?

T.
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

No, I do not have that. I have a birth extract for Frank which apparently had a margin note about his marriage to her May 24 1936. Her father was "fu Michenangeo".

I am also looking for Frank's passage in 1936 or after, if you see that one. His date of birth is May 29, 1899. That makes him 37 at the time of his marriage.

Francesco Tomaino / Frank Tomaino / Frank Tomaine and
Maria Assunta Mammoliti

Thanks again
Donna
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Having been looking for Maria's manifest, using many variations of the spelling as well, but not having any success. :-(

I'll take a look for Francesco.
Finding many with Tomaino last name leaving Decollatura, Italy, going to relatives in Po(a)ttsville, PA; or to Danbury, Conn. Any connection?

T.
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

I also learned that there are many by the name of Francesco Tomaino. I know of the Connecticut and Pennsylvania Tomaino's and so far we are not related unless I find a link in generations further back.

Frank was born in Pianopoli (I have a birth extract from the comune), and the extract says he was married to Maria in Feroleto Antico, her home town, which is a neighboring comune to Pianopoli.

Check Canadian too, please. I feel certain he returned to this side of the ocean because we met his son in 1976 in Pennsylvania when he came from Canada to visit my mother. I can't find him either. Someone thinks he returned to Italy.

Thank you for all of this.
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Donna, you may want to check with your library. Many hold ancestry accounts, and you can explore at your leisure.