Ceccarossi, Pace, D'alleva, De Bennedetto, D'Angelo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ginnysanchez

Ceccarossi, Pace, D'alleva, De Bennedetto, D'Angelo

Post by ginnysanchez »

I'm working on my family tree; I am of Italian and Dutch descent. I've managed to trace my Dutch family back 10 generations, to the late 1600's, but have had absolutely no luck with my Italian side.

I have some siblings and cousin names, but they do not help me find towns names, grandparents, dates of birth, dates of marriage, dates of death.

Here is all that I have:

My grandmother, Madelena D'Alleva Ceccarossi, born May 1900 died 1978
her mother: Rosalinda Pace
her father: Nicolo D'Alleva
Nicolo & Rosalinda moved to South America but Rosalinda returned to
Orsogna Italy without her husband, only her infant daughter. He
remarried and stayed in South America and had a second family.

Rosalinda Pace's father was named Antonio Pace. Her mother was
Madelena D'Angelo.

Madelena D'Alleva Ceccarossi's husband, my grandfather, was named Camillo Ceccarossi.
He was born in 1898 in Orsogna, Italy and died in 1963 in Massachusetts.

his father: Filippo Ceccarossi birthday unknown, but was killed by a
Nazi soldier in Orsogna around 1943.
mother: Sarafina De Bennedetto

I was able to find trips that Filippo and Camillo made to the US in the early 1900's, before Camillo and Madelena emigrated permanently in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. They later moved to Revere, Massachusetts USA

If anyone can help me find more information on my Italian ancestors, I'd love you forever. :)
NatyAmaya

Re: Ceccarossi, Pace, D'alleva, De Bennedetto, D'Angelo

Post by NatyAmaya »

Hi Ginny. My name is Natalia Amaya D'alleva. I live in Argentina
The first thing I will say is that my inglish is soo poor so sory about it.
Im going to explain all te things I discover about my family but Im going to explain it in spanish:
Yo también quiero armar el arbol genealógico. El dato más antiguo que tengo son los nombres de los padres de mi bisabuelo.
Ellos se llamaban Michele D'alleva y Speranza Iacomini. El nombre de mi bisabuelo era Rocco D'alleva.
Sabemos que nació en Orsogna, Chieti. Y que tenía varios hermanos.
El llegó a la Argentina aproximademente en 1910, con un hermano, que luego retornó a Orsogna.
También sabemos que dos hermanos suyos, Antonio y una mujer, fueron para USA, Boston.
Pero en Orsogna quedaron hermanos de los cuales no tenemos datos.
Te dejo mi mail para que te comuniques conmigo.
Saludos,
Natalia Amaya D'alleva.

ginnysanchez wrote:I'm working on my family tree; I am of Italian and Dutch descent. I've managed to trace my Dutch family back 10 generations, to the late 1600's, but have had absolutely no luck with my Italian side.

I have some siblings and cousin names, but they do not help me find towns names, grandparents, dates of birth, dates of marriage, dates of death.

Here is all that I have:

My grandmother, Madelena D'Alleva Ceccarossi, born May 1900 died 1978
her mother: Rosalinda Pace
her father: Nicolo D'Alleva
Nicolo & Rosalinda moved to South America but Rosalinda returned to
Orsogna Italy without her husband, only her infant daughter. He
remarried and stayed in South America and had a second family.

Rosalinda Pace's father was named Antonio Pace. Her mother was
Madelena D'Angelo.

Madelena D'Alleva Ceccarossi's husband, my grandfather, was named Camillo Ceccarossi.
He was born in 1898 in Orsogna, Italy and died in 1963 in Massachusetts.

his father: Filippo Ceccarossi birthday unknown, but was killed by a
Nazi soldier in Orsogna around 1943.
mother: Sarafina De Bennedetto

I was able to find trips that Filippo and Camillo made to the US in the early 1900's, before Camillo and Madelena emigrated permanently in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. They later moved to Revere, Massachusetts USA

If anyone can help me find more information on my Italian ancestors, I'd love you forever. :)
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Ginnysanchez it would be nice if you could be more specifi as to what you want to know about your genealogy in Italy. For instance you mention Orsogna, Italy but say nothing of the siblings or cousins names that may be in that town????? The civil records in oresogna go back to 1809 to 1900 and can be found at the family history library of the nearest mormon church to your home. These records cover all births,marriages and deaths. If you can be a bit more specific as to what you want to know it would be easier to direct you which is what we want to do. Peter
ginnysanchez

Post by ginnysanchez »

I am not sure about siblings; my grandmother was raised as an only child but there was a sibling left in South America with my great-grandfather. No one remembers whether that was a boy or a girl, or what the name of the child was. My grandfather, Camillo Ceccarossi, had a sister named Nicola and a brother named Emilio. I met him once; he had red hair. They are from Orsogna. Sometimes I see "Orsogua" on the Ellis Island records but I think this is another way to spell Orsogna?
ginnysanchez

Post by ginnysanchez »

Hi Natalia,

I think that you are probably from my family. I do not know the names of Nicolo D'alleva's brothers and sisters, but family lore is that they originally left with other D'alleva family members and settled "somewhere in South America" or specifically, Argentina.

When Rosalinda Pace D'alleva left her husband with my grandmother and moved back to Italy. When her husband did not return with her, she actually dressed in all black and lived as a widow for the rest of her life. She sewed clothes for a living. I have a pillowcase that she hand-sewed and embroidered; the stitching is so neat and straight it looks as though a machine did it, but it was from her hand.

Ginny
NatyAmaya wrote:Hi Ginny. My name is Natalia Amaya D'alleva. I live in Argentina
The first thing I will say is that my inglish is soo poor so sory about it.
Im going to explain all te things I discover about my family but Im going to explain it in spanish:
Yo también quiero armar el arbol genealógico. El dato más antiguo que tengo son los nombres de los padres de mi bisabuelo.
Ellos se llamaban Michele D'alleva y Speranza Iacomini. El nombre de mi bisabuelo era Rocco D'alleva.
Sabemos que nació en Orsogna, Chieti. Y que tenía varios hermanos.
El llegó a la Argentina aproximademente en 1910, con un hermano, que luego retornó a Orsogna.
También sabemos que dos hermanos suyos, Antonio y una mujer, fueron para USA, Boston.
Pero en Orsogna quedaron hermanos de los cuales no tenemos datos.
Te dejo mi mail para que te comuniques conmigo.
Saludos,
Natalia Amaya D'alleva.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

It is fairly obvious it is Orsogna and your comnclusion is correct. Peter
raymo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by raymo »

Ginny,
I am not sure you've gotten that far yet, but I have a friend who actually lives in Orsogna. If I can help you out by asking him to get records from the Comune on your behalf, please send me a private post.

Natalia,
No estoy seguro si estas buscando informacion acerca de sus parientes/antecedentes en/de Orsogna, pero tengo un amigo que vive en ese pueblo, y puedo pedirle que ayude si quieres solicitar archivos del "comune" en Orsogna. Enviame un mensaje privado si quieres que lo haga.
ginnysanchez

Post by ginnysanchez »

I found a bunch more information that may help me find my ancestors; these are the other descendants of Filippo Ceccarossi:

Filippo Ceccarossi born about 1877 married Sarafina DiBennetto.

They had:

1. Emidio
2. Camillo
3. Carmina
4. Antonia
5. Maria Nicola

EMIDIO had 5 children.

1. Filippo
a. his sons are Carlos and Emidio
2. Camillo (died about 1995)
a. his daughters Livia, Nuccia, Manuela
3. Domenico
a. children Ivano, Luciano, Franco, Sandro and Sara
4. Assunta married MONTEPARA
a. children Dino, Antonio, Fabrizio (mayor of Orsogna), and a daughter
5. Nicoletta married ??
a. children ??
6. Carmelina married ???

CAMILLO - my grandfather.
He married Maddalena D'ALLEVA.

Their children:
Phillip, Virginia, Carmella, Rosalinda, Mary

ANTONIA
she married ?? and had a son??

MARIA NICOLA married
They came to the US.
a. daughters Assunta and Maria Ciancio
MARIA CIANCIO married Vincenzo DESIDERIO
a. They have 4 children, Rocco, Camillo, Nicola and Elisabetta and they live in the USA.

CARMINA married Rosetta ROSARIO
they lived in Portland, MAINE after leaving Italy
pacepropllc

Post by pacepropllc »

Hi Ginny,

I notice that your post was from some time ago. I'm not even sure this will get to you, but if it has, I want to let you know that the last family you mentioned is mine. Maria Ciancio and Vincenzo Desiderio are my grandparents. Assunta is my Great Aunt, you are missing there two brothers Rocco and Vincenzo (affectionately called Uncle Jimmy. My Mother is Elizabeth and her three brothers you mentioned, Camillo, Rocco and Nicolo are my Uncles. There was another brother Domenic but he passed as a baby due to being born in a cave post WWII. I would love to fill in as many blanks as I can and get whatever information from you as you can offer.
I look forward to your response, hopefully you still check this site of this finds you somehow.
Take care,
Tony