Rossetti Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cindiross

Rossetti Family

Post by cindiross »

I am trying to gather information on my husband's family. Vincent Rossetti was born 11 Sep 1888 in Apricena, Foggia, Italy. I know that his parents' names were:

Enrico Rossetti and Amorusi Filomena

How do I go about gathering information about Enrico and Amorusi?

Cindi
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Rossetti Family

Post by PeterTimber »

If you go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofws ... tters.html and write a form letter to the UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE in Apricena at the address located under MUNICIPIO at this website for Apricena.
www tuttitalia.it/puglia/42-apricena. There isno charge for documents and justinclude a self addressed envelope. =Peter=
~Peter~
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

I am not sure if you realize that Filomena is a first name, not the last name.
cindiross

Post by cindiross »

That's what I was thinking. I'm just going by what was typed on the Social Security application.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

cindiross wrote:I am trying to gather information on my husband's family. Vincent Rossetti was born 11 Sep 1888 in Apricena, Foggia, Italy. I know that his parents' names were:

Cindi
Hi Cindi,
I am born in Apricena!
I know abt Amorusi surname, but I know not abt Rossetti... tomorrow I wish ask to my father!
However by Mormon's microfilms you can try all civil records abt your ancestors:
Registri dello stato civile di Apricena (Foggia), 1809-1929
Authors Apricena (Foggia). Ufficio dello stato civile (Main Author)
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... i+Apricena+ &columns=*,0,0
Hoping helpful,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
arfg2000it

Post by arfg2000it »

Hello my name is Antonio Rossetti I'm from Foggia, italy, I'm doing the family tree of my family and I came across your post, I know it's 2009, but I hope you will read this message, my grandfather was calling Michele was born in apricenna, his father was named Henry, his mother did not know because I'm having trouble finding Michele's birthday. My grandpa grandfather had two sons named Domenico and Filomena, I think Filomena (reading your post) has been called so in honor of her mother, now I want to know if you've been able to know something? If you like, you can contact me at facebook
arfg2000it

Post by arfg2000it »

Hello my name is Antonio Rossetti I'm from Foggia, italy, I'm doing the family tree of my family and I came across your post, I know it's 2009, but I hope you will read this message, my grandfather was calling Michele was born in apricenna, his father was named Henry, his mother did not know because I'm having trouble finding Michele's birthday. My grandpa grandfather had two sons named Domenico and Filomena, I think Filomena (reading your post) has been called so in honor of her mother, now I want to know if you've been able to know something? If you like, you can contact me at facebook
Carlos Rossetti

Post by Carlos Rossetti »

arfg2000it wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 11:25 Hello my name is Antonio Rossetti I'm from Foggia, italy, I'm doing the family tree of my family and I came across your post, I know it's 2009, but I hope you will read this message, my grandfather was calling Michele was born in apricenna, his father was named Henry, his mother did not know because I'm having trouble finding Michele's birthday. My grandpa grandfather had two sons named Domenico and Filomena, I think Filomena (reading your post) has been called so in honor of her mother, now I want to know if you've been able to know something? If you like, you can contact me at facebook
Hello, Antonio!
I'm also, obviously, a Rossetti. Perhaps you can help me out?
My great great grandfather was Luigi Rossetti, born around 1848. He fathered, alongside Magdalena Galletti, my great grandfather and his siblings (Celestino, Alessandro and Sabatino, born, respectively, in 1887, 1882 and 1884, as well as their sister, Adele, born in 1892). They all (sans Magdalena who seems to have died in Italy) came to Brazil in January 1902, from Napoli.
Recently, the Ancestry app suggested me this https://www.familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XKCF-XQ2 birth record for a Luigi Rossetti born in Foggia to a Vincenzo Rossetti and a Maria Domenica Danese in 1847. Perhaps it is my great great grandfather? If so, perhaps we are distantly related?

Cheers
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

cindiross wrote: 16 Mar 2010, 03:29 I am trying to gather information on my husband's family. Vincent Rossetti was born 11 Sep 1888 in Apricena, Foggia, Italy. I know that his parents' names were:

Cindi
Cindi the civil records of Apricena are on line, and here the Birth record of your Vincenzo, Apricena- 11 Sep 1888 #172
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043436
Enrico was 38 old at this time, so born around 1850 and Filomena was 35 old, so born around 1853...
regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Carlos Rossetti wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 01:21
arfg2000it wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 11:25 Hello my name is Antonio Rossetti I'm from Foggia, italy, I'm doing the family tree of my family and I came across your post, I know it's 2009, but I hope you will read this message, my grandfather was calling Michele was born in apricenna, his father was named Henry, his mother did not know because I'm having trouble finding Michele's birthday. My grandpa grandfather had two sons named Domenico and Filomena, I think Filomena (reading your post) has been called so in honor of her mother, now I want to know if you've been able to know something? If you like, you can contact me at facebook
Hello, Antonio!
My great great grandfather was Luigi Rossetti, born around 1848. He fathered, alongside Magdalena Galletti, my great grandfather and his siblings (Celestino, Alessandro and Sabatino, born, respectively, in 1887, 1882 and 1884, as well as their sister, Adele, born in 1892). They all (sans Magdalena who seems to have died in Italy) came to Brazil in January 1902, from Napoli.
Recently, the Ancestry app suggested me this https://www.familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XKCF-XQ2 birth record for a Luigi Rossetti born in Foggia to a Vincenzo Rossetti and a Maria Domenica Danese in 1847. Perhaps it is my great great grandfather? If so, perhaps we are distantly related?

Cheers
Carlos,
if Luigi went back in Italy, I found a Luigi Rossetti born on 1848 in Tarano town, Rieti province, IT, widow of Maddalena Galletti, deceased in Tarano on 10 nov 1912 #18

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html
click to enlarge,
bets regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Carlos Rossetti

suanj wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 07:15
Carlos Rossetti wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 01:21
Hello, Antonio!

Cheers
Carlos,
if Luigi went back in Italy, I found a Luigi Rossetti born on 1848 in Tarano town, Rieti province, IT, widow of Maddalena Galletti, deceased in Tarano on 10 nov 1912 #18

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html
click to enlarge,
bets regards,
suanj
It's very possible that he did go back, my father has no recollection of any stories about him living in Brazil!
How did you find this? How should I go about checking it out in person/determining whether or not this pertains to my family?

Thank you so much!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I searched and I found. I believe that the above record is of your Luigi Rossetti. To check if he is the right ancestor, you can try in the civil records of Tarano, but on line are available just after 1900,

so you can try the Birth records of Luigi children, ( this is the only way to be sure if is right Luigi) searching in the Tarano civil records, by Mormons microfilms, in a LDS center near your residence town https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
you can find any advice in the website...
I am pretty sure you will find the records...
then when you found and you have right birthdate, you can write in Tarano commune:
Ufficio di stato civile
Via Regina Margherita n.5
02040 Tarano (RI)
Italy

and to request the Birth certificate of your ancestor, son of Luigi... providing all right data..ok?
Best regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Carlos Rossetti

suanj wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 21:37 I searched and I found. I believe that the above record is of your Luigi Rossetti. To check if he is the right ancestor, you can try in the civil records of Tarano, but on line are available just after 1900,

so you can try the Birth records of Luigi children, ( this is the only way to be sure if is right Luigi) searching in the Tarano civil records, by Mormons microfilms, in a LDS center near your residence town https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
you can find any advice in the website...
I am pretty sure you will find the records...
then when you found and you have right birthdate, you can write in Tarano commune:
Ufficio di stato civile
Via Regina Margherita n.5
02040 Tarano (RI)
Italy

and to request the Birth certificate of your ancestor, son of Luigi... providing all right data..ok?
Best regards,
suanj
A simple Google search or did you use more specific resources?
I can't thank you enough for what you have found for us. I've confirmed with my cousins that, indeed, Luigi went back to (and eventually died in) Italy. That's certainly his death certificate!

Sidenote: how come Mormons keep track of this thing and make it open for people? That's neat, but I had no idea they did this.
I've located, through the tool on the site, centers in my city, São Paulo, Brazil. Will I have to order the microfilms and microfiches? I'm under the impression that this is a service that is about to get discontinued— should I be in a hurry ?

Thank you so very much for your help so far, really, from my whole family
We are a bit lost in this, as is obvious haha
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

nooooo, no Google search.. I am a genealogist! if you read the link of Luigi Death record, well is by Antenati website, a italian website where the italian Archives of the italian provinces, put on line the civil records of the Communes..... And in the same website it is possible to search by name, no abt all Archives, but many Archives are indicized.. and so the Rieti's Communes civil records... but they are online just the civil records after 1900, for that I found Luigi Death record.
And before on 1900?
Before you can go in the mormon's center , it is easy...
if you see on the webpage near the titles are the camera icon, it means that the Tarano civil record's microfilms are have been poured in their pc, and no on line, so the access is just for those who goin in a Mormons center-- as a extranet I believe...
you know the probable birthyear of Luigi children, and it are also the decade indexes, when you will find the name, are birthyear and number of record, then you go in the Birth register of the right year and search the number of record, i f you are no able to read italian Language, I believe that almost the names you recognize it...

And when you found your ancestor, son of Luigi, you save the record and here we will be able to say you the birthdate... ok?
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Carlos Rossetti

suanj wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 10:25 nooooo, no Google search.. I am a genealogist! if you read the link of Luigi Death record, well is by Antenati website, a italian website where the italian Archives of the italian provinces, put on line the civil records of the Communes..... And in the same website it is possible to search by name, no abt all Archives, but many Archives are indicized.. and so the Rieti's Communes civil records... but they are online just the civil records after 1900, for that I found Luigi Death record.
And before on 1900?
Before you can go in the mormon's center , it is easy...
if you see on the webpage near the titles are the camera icon, it means that the Tarano civil record's microfilms are have been poured in their pc, and no on line, so the access is just for those who goin in a Mormons center-- as a extranet I believe...
you know the probable birthyear of Luigi children, and it are also the decade indexes, when you will find the name, are birthyear and number of record, then you go in the Birth register of the right year and search the number of record, i f you are no able to read italian Language, I believe that almost the names you recognize it...

And when you found your ancestor, son of Luigi, you save the record and here we will be able to say you the birthdate... ok?
suanj
Fantastic
I've just come down to a Mormon center, excited to see these microfilms. Unfortunately it is closed. And nobody seems to be inside. No matter. I'll try again soon