Need help contacting Bagheria Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
LuSiculu
Rookie
Rookie

Need help contacting Bagheria Sicily

Post by LuSiculu »

I have been trying to get in contact with Bagheria Sicily for almost a year now off and on. No one ever responds to the emails. I am trying to get birth and marriage records from stato civile. I even tried emailing other branches other then Stato Civile, and no response. Contacted Bagheria on facebook too, had someone respond, I gave the info for a birth record, and then they never answered me again, even after I inquired again. I have had no problems with any other towns. Does anyone have any advice or contacts I could use that people have gotten answers from? Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Need help contacting Bagheria Sicily

Post by suanj »

Hi, you sent the email here:
stato.civile @ comune.bagheria.pa.it ( NO SPACES)
???
well re-send it to :
stato.civile @ comune.bagheria.pa.it ( No spaces)
and the same email at the Major:
sindaco @ comune.bagheria.pa.it ( no spaces)
if also after a reasonable time of waiting they no reply you, better that you send a fax:
(fax numbers of Ufficio di Stato Civile of Bagheria)
+ 39 091 943491 or +39 091 943428

I believe that they missed your request, or they no found the records because some data is wrong, or simply ignored the your request for some other cause....
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
LuSiculu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LuSiculu »

Hello, yes that is the email that I used. I will try the other one as well. Thank you very much! I wonder if you could answer this question, I know you do alot of research. I was told that a comune will do a ten year search for a marriage record. Is that true? I know the marriage took place between 1870-1879, would they make the effort to find it? Or is that too broad of a search? Thanks!!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

no, you must give precise date; if no possible, the max aprox marriage year; the officer search one or two years before and after the year provided, but, instead if the officer having the indexes, he can search in more years...
PS: for italian law who ask a certificate must provide all right data; when a civil records officer making the search if he no find the record in the provided date, and searching in more years, well he make it just for love of own work and for courtesy....
so you must hope that Bagheria have the ten-year indexes for marriage records;
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
LuSiculu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LuSiculu »

Yea, they seems a little more believable then ten years!! Thank you very much for your help!!