Help on Parents Names in Liverpool, England!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Help on Parents Names in Liverpool, England!

Post by jamiecapaldi »

The names below are the Children of a ? Capaldi and his wife ? Demarco, who lived in Liverpool, England.
Does anybody know any of the names below and hopefully the Parents names.
Fiorinda, 1920
Giuseppe, 1926
Angelina, 1927
Cristina, 1929
Leonardo, 1931
Armando, 1932
Ernesto, 1934
Look forward to hearing from someone!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Help on Parents Names in Liverpool, England!

Post by johnnyonthespot »

It is a minor point perhaps, but the name is more likely "de Marco" (or De Marco) then Demarco.

If they lived in the US, we could look at the 1920 or 1930 census and probably locate the family. Unfortunately, England does not release census data for a full 100 years, so that is not an option.

Do you know if any of the children were born in Italy? If so, it may be possible to locate immigration manifests which show the parent's full names. Any chance they naturalized in the UK?

Also, here in the US, when a person applies for a Social Security card, he/she lists his/her parents full names on the application. Would there be anything similar in the UK?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

This site may be of interest.

A bit confusing to navigate, but from it you can see that Armando and Leonardo were born in West Derby; Ernesto in "Liverpool S." You can also find the Volume and Page Number of the birth registration. Perhaps with this information, you can contact the vital records office of one of these communities and obtain one (any one) of the children's birth certificates.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Example: Here is the page with Leonardo's birth (at the bottom, right hand column):
Carmine

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

The complete list of Capaldi/Demarco births ( http://genealogy.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi= ... tsweb.com/ ). Click the previous link, then click the eyeglasses icon next to each entry. On the next page, choose an image format on the right side of the page, then click "View the original" on the left.

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Sep 1921 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capaldi Domenico Demarco Eastbourne 2b 127a

Births Dec 1924 (>99%)

Capaldi Cesidio Demarco Battle 2b 58

Births Mar 1926 (>99%)

Capaldi Giuseppe Demarco Liverpool 8b 111
Capaldi Teresa Demarco Battle 2b 60

Births Jun 1927 (>99%)

Capaldi Angelina Demarco Liverpool 8b 12
Capaldi Nascenza S Demarco Battle 2b 56

Births Mar 1929 (>99%)

Capaldi Cristina Demarco Liverpool 8b 50

Births Jun 1929 (>99%)

Capaldi Elisa E Demarco Battle 2b 63

Births Dec 1931 (>99%)

Capaldi Leonardo R Demarco W.Derby 8b 1003

Births Dec 1932 (97%)

Capaldi Armando D Demarco W.Derby 8b 949

Births Dec 1934 (>99%)

Capaldi Ernesto Demarco Liverpool S. 8b 333
Carmine

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

I went to this page and found the process for ordering birth certificates pretty simple.

You have to register first, then "Order a certificate online now". Select Birth Certificate and set "Is the General Register Office Index known?" to Yes. Set the "Year in which event..." box to the birth year of one of the children. Click through to the page where you enter surname and given name, then enter the Quarter (see top of document in previous post) District Name, Volume Number, and Page Number from the info in my previous post (Leonardo's would be "Oct-Nov-Dec", "Liverpool S.", 8b, 333).

The cost is 7 Pounds, about $10.50US. It says they mail the document in 4 days.
Carmine

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

They are good and if you give a father's name and the record you selected has a different name for the father they will refund £3 of the £7 paid.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Thanks very much, but i am trying to find someone with a connection and knowledge. Also i have spent so much money on ancestry, i am trying to save a bit, if i can. (Children above may not be part of my Capaldi's!)
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Oh, I see.

Rootschat ( http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?board=1 ) is a very active board with far more UK members than are here, I think. You might try posting there and see what turns up.
Carmine

jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Ok, thanks again!
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk