A surname confirmed! Yay!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cubsy2
Rookie
Rookie

A surname confirmed! Yay!

Post by cubsy2 »

So. as some of you know i have been trying to figure out my great grandmother's cognome....i had different spellings on different documents and i could never find any concrete evidence of which it was....

On the fhl filmstrip i am studying i found the birth record of her first born daughter....(born in italy)....Thankfully all handwriting was pretty darn legible and was on the newer atto di nascita form....i am totally psyched!

The name is ARCANGIOLA PANICHELLA. it even listed the street address.
unfortunately, it seems there are no more Panichella's in the town of Bonito....(but while scrolling thru the film, i found i whole bunch of them, so now i have more research to do!)

I'd like to thank all who have given me tips about the FHL...very handy! :D
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: A surname confirmed! Yay!

Post by johnnyonthespot »

In fact, there are very few Panichella in the entire country. http://www.gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/genera.html
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
cubsy2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cubsy2 »

Wow! I guess they all left for a better life somewhere else!

cubsy/Lisa
Researching: Guarino, Di Prisco, Zizza, Panichella, Magno,and now Antonelli, and Calvo....with a few others sprinkled in. Towns: Mirabella Eclano and Bonito (so far).
Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

www.castlegarden.org
46 Panichella listed
PASQUALE PANICHELLA
LABORER age 21
ship CALABRIA
arrived 27 Mar 1902
port NAPLES
last residence BONITO
jo123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jo123 »

cubsy2 wrote:Wow! I guess they all left for a better life somewhere else!

cubsy/Lisa
Hi Lisa,

Take a look at this link on the Australian National Archive:

http://naa12.naa.gov.au/scripts/Items_l ... =0&T=I&C=9

This is a listing of Panichella's that emigrated to Australia. Sixth one listed is an Angiolina Panichella (married name Sciandra), could be a variation of Arcangiola.

Not sure if any of them have anything to with what you are looking for.

Josie
Tracing my family from Sinopoli. Surnames: Monterosso, Puccini, Carbone, Tripodi, Caruso, Rugnetta, Fimmano, Luppino.
cubsy2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cubsy2 »

Holy Cow!

Yesterday i got DNA results back...(My cousin Paul took the test for me.) Yielded some interesting results....it seems that I am a "R1b".....the first "asians" to go to europe, setttling in Spain, Portugal, England, France....about 35,000 to 40,000 years ago....I am an "Artisan", my ancestors made cave art....

I also got death certificates in the mail....

One for my great grandmother, Arcangiola Panichella, and one for my great Grandfather, Pasquale Zizza. Death Certs yielded some info....i got her parents names! (and confirmed Pasquale's father was Luigi).....

AND...I went to FHL yesterday...I found Arcangiola's birth record...and she was named Maria Arcangiola....i stumbled upon her brother's birth record (Carmine-who i didn't know existed)....

Arcangiola seemed to not know her birthday......But now i know it, so i am happy.

And of course i know where my gg grandparents are buried....maybe i will visit them as they are less than 20 miles away.....

Oh. and even though i know about my grandfather Luigi Guarino...I found his birth record, and one for his brother Giuseppe....but there are atleast 5 more brothers i need to find! ...and i have the approximate birthyear of their parents.....

My work here is NOT done!

Lisa/Cubsy

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Guarino-Zizza-Panichella-Romeo-Durante-Di Prisco- Antonella of MIrabella Eclano and Bonito
Researching: Guarino, Di Prisco, Zizza, Panichella, Magno,and now Antonelli, and Calvo....with a few others sprinkled in. Towns: Mirabella Eclano and Bonito (so far).
aliza24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aliza24 »

Wow Cubsy!

I'd say you had a good week! Thanks for the update. It's always awesome when they list the street address too. I'm making a list of mine and can't wait until I can go to Italy again and see which ones are still there.