The Re Family - Camerino, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bryanre

The Re Family - Camerino, Italy

Post by bryanre »

I received a letter from Muccia (MC) where I believed my GGF was born as referenced in his last ship manifest stating he was from there....the letter did have record of his birth in 1863 and listed his mother/father:

paternita: Re Francesco
maternita: Piermattei Margherita

They go on to say that since this record was before 1866 to check with the local church baptism records for more info....I also want to pursue marriage records for the couple too.

The address is:

Curia Arcivescovile
Archivio Storico
Piazza Cavour, 7
62032 Camerino (MC)
tel +39 0737 630400
fax +39 0737 631420

Does anyone have advice on the best way to deal with the Church for genealogy records? Or I know it's a stretch...someone could make a quick phone call to them to see if they have anything on the birth of Enrico or the marriage of Francesco Re, or etc.?

Anything would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Bryan Re
Austin, Texas
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: The Re Family - Camerino, Italy

Post by juanminbar »

i had to chuckle when i read you want to make a "quick phone call".

can you converse in italian? if not, that idea is ''shot down''.

john
bryanre

Post by bryanre »

Someone does not mean me..thanks for the reply.
MaurizioPerrone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MaurizioPerrone »

Best ways to find the records of the church is write a letter to the curia and ask for specific instruction, because sometime the acts of the church they are found in the church in the town but sometime the old acts they are send to be preserve (safe) at the archives of the diocese. First you must receive instruction from the curia so you know the exact location.

Then you can write a letter to ask for specific act, either for the priest in the town church or the priest who is charge for the acts in the diocese archive.

It is not good idea to telephone to request the informations, because this is very difficult searches in the old acts of the church and the priests they are very very busy, and maybe the priest will say no and then the door is closed. So for these reason is better for to write the letter, but write in the Italian language and be specific for your request.

I wish you much luck for your searches.
bryanre

Post by bryanre »

Many thanks Maurizio for the info and wishes....hopefully the Priest will be responsive. All the best...BRe