Looking for help once again!!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Looking for help once again!!

Post by Mardi »

Ok..I thought I could do this on my own, but here I am needing your help, once again.

I am looking for the Ship and arrival of Caterina [Carrie] Calamusa, born 1892 in Corleone. Her parents are: Giacomo Calamusa/Giovanna [Jennie] Mannina.

Giacome came to the US in, November 9, 1896 on the Ship Bolivia.
She was probably traveling with her mother Giovanna [Jennie] Mannina and another sibling, Lena Calamusa, she was born 1895 in Corleone, all the rest of her sibling were born in Louisiana. Hope I have given you enough information Thank you so much.

Mardi
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Looking for help once again!!

Post by maestra36 »

I believe this is the right passenger list. I see her mother and a few siblings

Last Name: Canolusa
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Corleone
Date of Arrival: Jul 15, 1898
Age at Arrival: 4y Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Hesperia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0027
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I searched for this passenger list from the website www.stevemorse.org

I searched on the gold form and put in the first letter of her first name and the first letter of her last name and the town name Corleone. This website even allows you to do a sound search of the town name.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Her first name Caterina was on the passenger card but didn't copy for some reason when I posted above.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Her mother was 29, sister Antonia was 2, Lucia, 19, and Vito 17. Destination was to husband Giacomo -lines 25 to 29.
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mardi »

maestra36........Thank you - Thank you. You are just awesome. That is them. The last name is so misspelled, I would have never foung them.
You have made my day. Have a very pleasant evening, and thank you again for all your help.
Mardi