Antonino Alosi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
joeroket

Antonino Alosi

Post by joeroket »

I have managed to track my family back to Mazzara Sant'Andrea and am stuck reading a couple of lines on a ships passenger list. I was hoping someone had better eyes than I did.

This file is for Antonino Alosi, my great-great-grandfather. He lists his destination as his brother-in-law but that is all I am able to make out of it. It is line 20.

http://www.adrive.com/public/b6c31995cd ... 6456d.html

The second file is a ships passenger list for Concetta and Guiseppe Alosi, lines 13 and 14. They list their destination as a brother-in-law and give an address of 183 Elizabeth St, which happens to be the same address Antonino's daughter, Maria (My great-grandmother) gave on her ships passenger list. Celestino Ferlazzo on line 12 looks like he somehow plays into it also but I have not gotten that far yet.

http://www.adrive.com/public/64d0468fb0 ... 51ac3.html

I would like to find out who the brother-in-law is and if Concetta and Guiseppe are the brother and sister of Antonino Alosi. Also if anyone has any info that ties them to the Alosi's in Mazzara Sant'Andrea I would really love to hear you.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Antonino Alosi

Post by suanj »

joeroket wrote:I have managed to track my family back to Mazzara Sant'Andrea and am stuck reading a couple of lines on a ships passenger list. I was hoping someone had better eyes than I did.

This file is for Antonino Alosi, my great-great-grandfather. He lists his destination as his brother-in-law but that is all I am able to make out of it. It is line 20.

http://www.adrive.com/public/b6c31995cd ... 6456d.html

The second file is a ships passenger list for Concetta and Guiseppe Alosi, lines 13 and 14. They list their destination as a brother-in-law and give an address of 183 Elizabeth St, which happens to be the same address Antonino's daughter, Maria (My great-grandmother) gave on her ships passenger list. Celestino Ferlazzo on line 12 looks like he somehow plays into it also but I have not gotten that far yet.

http://www.adrive.com/public/64d0468fb0 ... 51ac3.html

I would like to find out who the brother-in-law is and if Concetta and Guiseppe are the brother and sister of Antonino Alosi. Also if anyone has any info that ties them to the Alosi's in Mazzara Sant'Andrea I would really love to hear you.
Hi, Antonino Alosi joining at brother in law Giovanni DE LORENZO....
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

183 Elizabeth St, which is the address where Antonino Alosi is going, seems to be very popular in the second manifest: Many people are going to join Giuseppe Livoti (including Concetta and Giuseppe) in 183 Elizabeth St...
joeroket

Post by joeroket »

suanj - Thank you very much.

Livio - I believe based on my findings so far that 183 Elizabeth St is in the "Little Italy" section of New York. It appears, based on google earth images, that that address is a very large low income apartment building. Maria, Antonino's daughter, came over with a family that sponsored her and they also had a destination of the same. They were coming to live with a family member that had immigrated earlier.
warriorrabbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by warriorrabbit »

Hi Joe,

I got your message and responded -- twice, on Thursday -- but they seem to be stuck in the 'outbox' and I can't seem to find a way to move them along. Very frustrating.

Let me know if you get anything.

T.
Squigy
Master
Master

Post by Squigy »

warriorrabbit wrote:Hi Joe,

I got your message and responded -- twice, on Thursday -- but they seem to be stuck in the 'outbox' and I can't seem to find a way to move them along. Very frustrating.

T.
I believe PM's remain in the outbox until they are read by whoever they are sent to.
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
joeroket

Post by joeroket »

warriorrabbit wrote:Hi Joe,

T.
I am reading them today. There sure is a lot to take in and dissect. I will go through it with tonight when my kids have quieted down and try to get back to you tonight or tomorrow. It seems on the surface that we are definitely related, some level of cousins I believe.
scottsanto

Post by scottsanto »

My family might have a connection with yours.

My Grandfather arrived in New York in 1907 (14 years old).
~He was also from Mazzarra Sant' Andrea.
~His destination address was 240 Elizabeth Street (just down the street).
~He also married a woman from Mazzarra Sant' Andrea who he brought to America in 1923(with her two sisters and cousin).
~One of his wifes sister's married an man named Alosi(I do not know what his first name was).
~My Grandfather and Mr. Alosi later had business together in Spadra, California (now called Walnut).

Let me know if any of this might sound like the "brother-in-law" your looking for.