Life of Luigia Casella Calamari

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CalamariGirl

Life of Luigia Casella Calamari

Post by CalamariGirl »

This past year I've started researching my Italian family history and I'd really like to find family members who have information on my Great Great Grandmother, Luigia Casella Calamari, her parents and siblings. If you are related and have any information you'd like to share, please get in touch!

Luigia Angela Casella was born on 11/18/1868 in Cattaragna, ER, Italy to Maria Bernardi and Andrea Casella. I know she had two brothers, Augusto and Antonio (1/18/1866). She immigrated with them on May 31, 1887. On June 21, 1887 she married Filippo Isidoro Calamari in Manhattan.

Their first child, Luigi Calamari, was born on May 23, 1888 in Manhattan. Isidoro died on November 14, 1889. Their second child, Maria Maddalena, was born on July 4, 1890.

Luigia married widower Giuseppe Pasqualino Calamari on April 24,1893 at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel in Manhattan. Giuseppe had two children, Henry and Marie from his previous marriage to Domenica Cervini.

Luigia and Giuseppe had 8 children (maybe 9); Margaret (1894), Janet/Jennie (1895), Rosa (1896), Pietro/Isidoro (1898), Annie (1900), Anna (1902), Antonio (1905) and Giovanni/John (1907).

The family moved to the Essex, Connecticut area around 1910. Giuseppe died on March 23, 1913. Luigia died on September 16, 1960.

Many thanks in advance!
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Life of Luigia Casella Calamari

Post by maestra36 »

I see Louise Calamari on the 1920 census in Middlesex Ct. Essex Town. ED 213 sheet 15 A. She was age 50. head of household, immigration 1887. With her is 35 year old Henry, stepson, immigration year 1900, 24 year old daughter, Jennie C, Rose M, daughter 23, Peter A, son 21, Anna V, daughter, 17, Anthony F, son, 14, John J, son 12. On the line below is an Anthony Casella listed as uncle, age 63, immigration year for him was 1884.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

On the 1930 census, Louise is 51 years old. John J, son, is 22, Henry Stepson is 45. ED 4-9 sheet 14 B. Can't make out the street name, sorry.
CalamariGirl

Post by CalamariGirl »

Thank you for your reply. Yes, this is the correct Luigia/Louisa. But I'm looking for other descendants of Luigia's researching our family. Unfortunately Luigia died before I was born and all I have is census/vital records, photos and such. I am looking to connect with distant relatives that I've never met who might have been alive at the same time she was.
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Considering that Louisa's parents were Andrea Casella and Maria Bernardi,

from: http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... tml#p=home
Groom's name: Giuseppe Calamari
Bride's name: Luisa Calamari
Marriage Date 24 April 1893
Marriage Place: Manhattan. New York
Groom's father's name: Domenico Calamari
Groom's mother's name: Giovanna Ceravini
Bride's father's name: Andrea Casella
Bride's mother's name: Maria Bernardi
then these may have been Luisa's brothers?:
Groom's name: Antonio Casella
Bride's name: Rosa Bernardi
Marriage date 13 September 1908
Marriage Place: Manhattan, New York
Groom's father's name: Andrea Casella
Grooms' mother's name: Maria Bernarghi
Bride's father's name: Agostino Bernardi
Bride's mother's name: Angela M. Calamari
Groom's name: Pietro Casella
Bride's name: Rosa Corallo
Marriage date: 20 October 1907
Marriage place: Manhattan, New York
Groom's father's name: Andrea Casella
Groom's mother''s name: Maria Casella (maybe was her married name?)
Bride's fathers' name: Pietro Corallo
Bride's mother's name: Maria Bevilargua
Have you tracked their families or descendants?

Laura
jessiekin

Post by jessiekin »

I feel we may be related some how. My grandfather was Bernardo Ercole Calamari born feb 12, 1887 in Cattaragna, Italy. His father was Natale Giovanni Calamari and mother Maria Maddalena Cervini. Natale's parents were Antonio Calamari and Luigia (I have no maiden name for her. Maria Cervini's parents were Abramo Calamari and Maria Caterina. They all were from Cattaragna.

I have a letter written in 1907 from Antonio Calamari to his son Natale stating his Nephew Luigi Casella was sending love. His mother Angela Calamari Casella was Natale's sister. I do not know her husbands name. My great grandparents and grandfather immigrated from Italy to New Orleans ,LA Dec 24, 1888 on the ship Marseille. I have no photos of any but my grandfather. I am searching for family info as well.