Looking for DONATI SURNAME in Coreglia Anntelminelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MOOREPRO

Looking for DONATI SURNAME in Coreglia Anntelminelli

Post by MOOREPRO »

Looking for birth record for Bernardo Donati born 1848. Looking for siblings and parents. Any help would be appreciated.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Looking for DONATI SURNAME in Coreglia Anntelminelli

Post by VaDeb »

Some additional details would be helpful. Was Bernardo born in Italy, and do you know what town?

What research have you done? Did he immigrate to USA or another country? Have you found his immigration record? Do you have his death record? If he lived in the USA have you found him on applicable USA census reports?

In order to find a birth record in Italy you must identify the town the person was born in. What have you done to do this?
rcalves

Post by rcalves »

MOOREPRO wrote:Looking for birth record for Bernardo Donati born 1848. Looking for siblings and parents. Any help would be appreciated.
Hello, My name is Rodrigo, I am descended from Bernardo Donati married with Claudina Gonnella, Ginese Donati my great-grandfather was the son and emigrated to Brazil around 1896 and their fathers and brothers emigrated to Ocidental-CA USA years after , all were Coreglia Antelminelli-Lucca
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There are no records prior to 1866 in the Mormon family history library microfilm for Coreglia Antelminelli (LU) which means that prior records in the Comune of Corelgia Antelminelli are missing.

The only other avenue open may be church records which you can write fora baptismal record. Go to www.parrocchie.it and insert Coreglia Antelminelli for church listing(s). There are 5 listed.

Forinformation about Italian Church Records go to this website:
http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... cords.html =Peter=
~Peter~
PEEPERSPARADE

Post by PEEPERSPARADE »

PeterTimber wrote:There are no records prior to 1866 in the Mormon family history library microfilm for Coreglia Antelminelli (LU) which means that prior records in the Comune of Corelgia Antelminelli are missing.

The only other avenue open may be church records which you can write fora baptismal record. Go to www.parrocchie.it and insert Coreglia Antelminelli for church listing(s). There are 5 listed.

Hello Rodrigo
you are definitely related to my husband Robert. He is a descendant of Bernardo Donati and the last Donati in this line from Occidental Calif. His grandfather was Carlo Donati. You both have the same great grandfathers. How exciting to find you.
PEEPERSPARADE

Post by PEEPERSPARADE »

PEEPERSPARADE wrote:
PeterTimber wrote:There are no records prior to 1866 in the Mormon family history library microfilm for Coreglia Antelminelli (LU) which means that prior records in the Comune of Corelgia Antelminelli are missing.

Hello Rodrigo
you are definitely related to my husband Robert. He is a descendant of Bernardo Donati and the last Donati in this line from Occidental Calif. His grandfather was Carlo Donati. You both have the same great grandfathers. How exciting to find you.
Hi Rodrigo

If you want to get in touch please email us at leslie12donati@gmail.com
jpelletti

Post by jpelletti »

Hello, My Name is Julie Pelletti. I believe that I am somehow related to the Gonnella's of Occidental. Not too clear on the details. I grew up with my grandparents Louis & Edith Pelletti of Occidental Ca. Ediths' mother's maiden name was Gonnella, and her fathers name was Chiaroni. I would like to know more about my grandfather and grandmother.(Edith & Louis) I know Louis was born in 1894, but I dont know where. Let me know if anyone has more information on them or how I may be reated to the Gonnella's. Thank you.
PEEPERSPARADE

Post by PEEPERSPARADE »

Hi Julie, Your grandfather, Louis was born 11/25/1894 in the teeny tiny village of San Pellegrinetto Italy. He came to Occidental before 1920 and married Eda aka Edith Chiaroni in 1920. He was part of 38 cousins that came over. There is are 2 books published, One by Janet Pisenti called "38 Cousins" on the Pelletti side and the other one is called "One man's Family" for the Gonnella side. You are listed in this book. My husband and you are related, 3rd cousins.
Edith is the 4th child of Lorenzo Chiaroni and Silvia Gonnella.
jpelletti

Post by jpelletti »

PEEPERSPARADE,

Wow, thank you! Thats so much info that I didn't have and I'm so happy you shared that with me. I would glad to hear anymore info you might have. I will try to get my hands on those books.

Again, thanks so much.
PEEPERSPARADE

Post by PEEPERSPARADE »

Hey Julie, My husbands grand mother was Armini Pelletti who married Carlo Donati. I have yet to figure out how you are related except through the Gonnella line. You can try and get the "One man's Family book from Elizabeth Mazzotti who lives in Santa Rosa. She is up there in years but she might have copies left to sell. Contact her at 707-546-0942. We live in Fremont Ca where do you live? Close I hope. Armini had a brother named Louis but i don't think it was your Louis. Good Luck!
jpelletti

Post by jpelletti »

PEEPERSPARADE,

I live in South S.F Ca. We are only about 20mins apart. How funny, what a small world. I have never heard the name Armini! But they must be related. Its funny I lived with my grandparets from the age of 3yrs to 12yrs old, and they spoke primarlly Italian. Me and my two brothers did not speak it, and we understood a little bit. So when my grandparents died I found that I knew almost nothing about the two people who raised me. Maybe you could help me with one more piece of info. I remember that I had a Uncle Nick who lived with us. He was confined to a wheelchair the entire time he lived with us. He needed care from my grandmother until he died. I don't what side of the family he was from or his last name or why he was confined to a wheelchair. Let me know if you have info on him.

Thanks so mu;ch.