Where did our Surname Nardelli orginate from

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nybella

Where did our Surname Nardelli orginate from

Post by nybella »

My maiden name is Nardelli and I know that my grandfather came from Bari, but is that where we orginally came from?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Where did our Surname Nardelli orginate from

Post by johnnyonthespot »

This mapping tool http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/gen ... ognomi-fis does seem to show that the greatest number of Nardelli's in modern Italy can be found in the area surrounding Bari.

Interestingly, there are relatively few in the vicinity of Rome. Many times when I look up a name in this way, I find what appears to be the name's primary locus as well as a large population in/near Rome because, I assume, "all roads lead to Rome" and eventually most families would see members find their way to Rome for one reason or another.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

PS: Given some information on your grandfather (name, approximate date of birth, spouse and children's names, etc), there is a good chance that someone here will be able to locate his immigration and other records.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
nybella

Post by nybella »

His name is Cosimo Nardelli age I couldn't tell you. His children that I know of are Peter Nardelli, Cosmo Nardelli they were both born in the USA but Cosimo went back to Bari and divorced his wife in USA and remarried and lived in Bari with his new wife. I know my father Cosmo Nardelli was born on November 26, 1942. Thank you for your help :D