GIACCHETTI i need help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mgiacchetti

GIACCHETTI i need help

Post by mgiacchetti »

i need to know where i came from

my dads name is marcus robert, his dads name was alfred

anyone with a giacchetti family tree email me at mgiacchetti@yahoo.com

put "Mike, read this now, its your tree", in the subject line
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: GIACCHETTI i need help

Post by suanj »

mgiacchetti wrote:i need to know where i came from

my dads name is marcus robert, his dads name was alfred

anyone with a giacchetti family tree email me at mgiacchetti@yahoo.com

put "Mike, read this now, its your tree", in the subject line
Are an Alfredo Giacchetti(mistaken: Giaechetti) coming from Napoli, age 32 in 1899, joining from brother in law Michele Ferrazzano (probable spelling) in Paterson NY...
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 4820010102&
regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.google.com and insert Giacchetti and the word Genealogy alongside in the title. This will give you 48 references to any research on that surname by others. peter
LoralDojo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoralDojo »

I emailed you but then i looked for more info i had on Giacchetti/Giacchetta

This info is on my great grandfather

Francesco Giacchetta arrived at Ellis Island from the ship Taormina. At the time of his arrival he claimed to be 18 years old, the husband of Domenica, and going to stay with an Uncle Giuseppe Girari who lived at 5007 Masters St. In the records of 1907 a Chiara Giacchetta (29) and Anna Girari (7) travel to Philadelphia to join Giuseppe. The name that appears just before theirs is Constantino Bernardinelli who is married to Filomena Natalini (sister of Domenica Natalini Giacchetta). It is the same Constantino because he claims to be going to stay with Domenica and Filomena's brother in upper Pennsylvania. That branch of Natalini's is there today.

In the 1930 Census Francesco and Domenica Giachetti are shown to be living at 4962 Stiles Street. It appears that another family the D'Ambrosio's live with them.
Francesco claims that he and Domenica were married when he was 18 and she was 20. He also claims to have entered the U.S. in 1922 (which is clearly untrue and he had quite a reputation for being a schemer).
He claims to be 27 in 1930, and a laborer in the building trade.

He had one son in Italy that did not survive past age 2 or 3, named Anthony. He had four daughters in Philadelphia. Two have died (including my grandmother Mary Jane Giacchetti Angelini).
So nobody carries the name Giacchetti in my known relatives presently.

There are some holes in here as I reread this... but you should be able to get the date he came over from Ellis Island if you need it.

Feel free to email me at LoralDojo@yahoo.com

HI PETER... still haven't mailed letters to Italy... too busy studying law at FSU... :) They probably have a professor here who reads Italian though, if I ever get some free time to do it. - Lori
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Good if youneed any specific letters let me know so you can write your own thru translation forum that I know is good or thru websites. Peter
LoralDojo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoralDojo »

Mike I emailed you and I never heard back....

where are my giacchetti'S?
mgiacchetti

Post by mgiacchetti »

Sorry, been on a very long hiatus.

I lost my email, and through chance found this page again...

Well. I have done some more research, and have found some more stuff..

http://groups.google.com/group/giacchet ... stry?hl=en

Apparently Alfred was a common name with the Giacchetti's because I have found reference to three. hmm.