1901 Census Records?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

1901 Census Records?

Post by jamiecapaldi »

In 1900 my Ggrandfather was born in Edinburgh, Scotland. He lived in 50 Broad Street with his Mother, Father and siblings along with other Italian Families. His name was Michele Capaldi and his Father was Giuseppe Capaldi. Giuseppe worked as a Restaurater.
By 1902, his Brother was born in Dublin, Ireland. His name was Vincenzo Capaldi.
I am trying to find what census they are on for 1901. I can find them on the 1911 Ireland census, but have no luck with the 1901.
I've tried Scotland and England census too, but no luck.
They were in Bristol, England on the 1891 census.

Does anybody know how i can search or get information on census's?

Please help!
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Re: 1901 Census Records?

Post by jamiecapaldi »

I have just noticed you can search the 1901 Ireland cesus for free, but had no luck with many various spellings!
Can anyone please help?
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Jamie, not sure if this will help, but on the search page for the Ireland census, clcik the "More Search Options" link, then on the next page, set the Census Year to 1901 and County/Country of Origin to "Italy". Leave all other fields blank. Click Search and then scroll through the results; maybe something will catch your eye...

PS: On the search results page, click "Surname" to sort the results in alphabetical order.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Ok, i'll try it thanks!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Is this them in 1911?

Capoldi Michelina 15 F
Capoldi Antonett 19 F
Capoldi Maria Giuseppe 48 F
Capoldi Giovanni 23 M
Capoldi Giuseppe 50 M
Capoldi Lawrence 25 M

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/s ... renLiving=
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Yes, that is them!
I managed to get that census late last year, but just found a link in a forum to access the 1901.
I had a look at the Italian origin search, but they are not there in 1901.
Thanks for your help!
carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carolinechurch »

Hi Jamie, I am not convinced the 1901 census is complete as I have found gaps with some Kildare families that have lived on the same land for several centuries.
Your family certainly seems to be missing - it's a rainy afternoon here so I spent some time searching them all in Ireland and the UK by forename and found nothing. Wonder where on earth they were.
On holiday in the Bahamas?
Searching for my great x3 grandfather Raffaele CIACCIA, also known as Raphael/Ralph CHURCH. He was born in Napoli around 1792 and arrived in London before 1812 with his brother Saverio CIACCIA, where they married sisters Ann and Jane FURNEAUX. He switched between CHURCH and CIACCIA all his life, which has made it difficult enough to pin him down. I want to find his origin in Italy.