Filomena Capaldi More Info

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Filomena Capaldi More Info

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Can anyone please find me any record of the following person below? (ie, marriage, census, etc):

Filomena Capaldi, born 13th April 1871 in Bristol, Uk.
Father was Giacobbe (jacob) Antonio Capaldi and Mother was Maria Silvistro.
I'm sure they moved away, as i can not find any local records?

Thanks Jamie
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Filomena Capaldi

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Jamie,

It bothers me that I cannot find any record of her birth on FreeBMD - http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Searching on only the mother's surname comes up empty. Searching child's surname capaldi garners no hits prior to 1881.

Are you absolutely certain she was born in the UK?

PS: Silvistro does not exist today in Italy. Any thoughts on an alternate spelling?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Hello John,

Sorry, it is spelt 'Filimena Capalti'.
I have never worked out why the spelling is so bad!!

Thanks Jamie
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

How are we expected to find things, or be certain they do not exist, when the spelling is so unreliable??

Anyway... did you notice that there are many, many, entries under the Capaldi surname for Bristol? Perhaps 50 births and marriages between 1886 and 1948. Have you been able to tie any of these to your family?

Ancestry . com indicates a marriage record for Filomena Capaldi in Suffolk, England between 1916 and 2005; spouse's surname Pelosi. Without an International account, I cannot see any more than that.

PS: "Silvestri" and "Silvestro" are both common surnames in Italy whereas "Silvistro" does not exist at all.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Hello John,

Yes, all the Capaldi's born, married and deaths are related to my Capaldi's except for the following 3, which i hope to find the answers for:

Filomena Capaldi, Born 1871, Bristol
Ferdinando Capaldi, Married 1900 to Dominica Pacitto, Bristol
Vincenza/Vincenzo Capaldi, Died 1888, Bristol
carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Filomena Capaldi More Info

Post by carolinechurch »

Jamie, have you tried searching findmypast.com as an alternative to ancestry.co.uk?

I don't find it such a user friendly site, but as the transcriptions are different I have found 'missing' people a couple of times, with totally different spellings.
Then I've gone back to cross reference in ancestry and been stunned at how wrong the spelling was!
Searching for my great x3 grandfather Raffaele CIACCIA, also known as Raphael/Ralph CHURCH. He was born in Napoli around 1792 and arrived in London before 1812 with his brother Saverio CIACCIA, where they married sisters Ann and Jane FURNEAUX. He switched between CHURCH and CIACCIA all his life, which has made it difficult enough to pin him down. I want to find his origin in Italy.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

No, unfortunately, i have no access to that site, neither the Ancestry no more!
I am just working on info from Forums at the moment!
carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carolinechurch »

I'll keep hunting for you then, but came up with a blank yesterday on Filomena, including all spelling variations.

Now, I haven't been following the World Cup, so may be too late on this suggestion, but every time England plays there is a promotion where you get free access to findmypast.com.
You need to register first so you are all ready to go, then half an hour each side of the match and the entire duration is completely free. Only question is, are they still in it?!
Searching for my great x3 grandfather Raffaele CIACCIA, also known as Raphael/Ralph CHURCH. He was born in Napoli around 1792 and arrived in London before 1812 with his brother Saverio CIACCIA, where they married sisters Ann and Jane FURNEAUX. He switched between CHURCH and CIACCIA all his life, which has made it difficult enough to pin him down. I want to find his origin in Italy.
carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carolinechurch »

Are you familiar with Capo78 on ancestry, who has put together an extensive Capaldi tree for Bristol?

here are a few bits and pieces I've found:

Filomena Capaldi married Albert F Pelosi Oct-Dec 1950 in Lothingland, Suffolk.
A Filomena Capaldi died Oct-Dec 1962, Northumberland South aged 70.

There is a Vincenzo Capaldi in the 1881 census for Birmingham, b1863, Cassino, with Nicolina b1865 and Antonio b1866, in a boarding house, street musicians.

The 1901 census for Sidmouth, Devon, has Ferdinando Capaldi b 1876, wife Dominiga b1881 plus Raffaele Capaldi b1885 and Co**so Capaldi b1847. They are boarders, so no relationships to each other are given, living in the Ship Hotel, working as organ grinders, all born Italy.

The 1891 census for Stroud, Gloucestershire, has a "Serdinndo' Capaldi, (which should read Ferdinando) b1876, along with Orazio Capaldi b1851, again no relationship to each other, born Italy, musicians.

I'll keep looking.
carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carolinechurch »

Maria G Capaldi died in Bristol, Oct-Dec 1931, aged 68. Probably too young to be the mother?

Incidentally, I searched Philomena as well, and the marriage to Albert Pelosi was listed twice, with the Anglicised spelling as well.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Thank you for looking. Capo78 is me, im just furthering my search.
Vincenzo record is the possible one, Ferdinando is very accurate, Filomena is ??
Thank you very much again!
carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carolinechurch »

If you ever want actual copies of census or other records let me know and I'm happy to email to you.