Please help with the last name Raucci

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Raucci

Please help with the last name Raucci

Post by Raucci »

I'm trying to start to find out about my grandfathers family since I don't know anything about them.

My grandfather is Joseph Raucci Sr. out of New Haven, CT he died a few years ago and leaves my grandmother Roberta Burlock ( her madien name)..Two sons Joseph Raucci Jr., Michael Raucci, and a daughter Vicky Raucci.

my father is Joseph Raucci Jr. but other than my family I know nothing and no one will tell me about my family other than it's not important.

So if anyone can help I would love to know my family tree of the Raucci
vj
Master
Master

Re: Please help with the last name Raucci

Post by vj »

Welcome to the forum!
As a start, is this your grandfather's 2001 obituary?
Thank you,
Valarie
Newspaper Obituary and Death Notice
New Haven Register (CT)
February 23, 2001

Joseph E. Raucci Sr., 63, of 5 Heartwood Lane, a native of New Haven, died Feb. 21. He was the husband of Roberta Burlock Raucci. He was a maintenance mechanic at Kalwall in Bow. He served in the Army. Besides his wife, survivors include sons Joseph E. Raucci Jr. of Penacook and Michael A. Raucci of Webster, Mass.; a daughter, Vicky L. Raucci of Thompson;
a brother, Ralph Raucci of New Haven; a sister, Angelina Raucci-Bourrough of New Haven;
and six grandchildren.
Bennett Funeral Home, Concord
Page: b13
Joseph's brother Ralph?
New Haven Register (CT)
August 3, 2002

Ralph A. Raucci, 48, of 1 Murray Place died July 31. He was the husband of Colleen Powers Raucci. He was a furniture mover for 21st Century Movers of Wallingford. Besides his wife, he is survived by sons Ralph A. Raucci Jr. of New Haven and Anthony D. Raucci of Hamden; daughters Malinda Arcucci of East Haven and Stephanie and Jessica Darr of New Haven;
a sister, Angelina Burroughs of New Haven;
and a granddaughter.
He was predeceased by a sister, Marie Raucci; and brothers Paul, Joseph and Michael Raucci.
Keenan Funeral Home, West Haven
brother Michael?
New Haven Register (CT)
February 11, 1999

Michael P. Raucci, 58, of 88 Prospect Place died Feb . 8. He was the fiance of Lillian Guiliani. In addition to his fiance, he is survived by sons, Andrew A. Raucci of East Haven and Michael P. Raucci Jr. of New Haven; a daughter, Rhonda M. Raucci of Miamisburg, Ohio;
brothers, Paul and Ralph Raucci of New Haven and Joseph Raucci, in New Hampshire;
a sister, Angelina Burroughs of New Haven and a grandson. He was predeceased by a sister, Marie Raucci.
East Haven Funeral Home
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

It appears that your grandfather and his brothers and sisters were born after the 1930 census? (the last published census so far)
Unless you know your great grandparent's first names or we can find an obituary with their names included, you may need to order a couple of vital records (birth or marriage) from CT or a SS Application. If we can find your great grandparent's US records we may be able to find out more about where your family was from originally.
Valarie
---

Social Security Death Index

Name: Joseph E. Raucci
SSN: 047-28-xxxx
Born: 12 Apr 1937
Died: 21 Feb 2001
State (Year) SSN issued: Connecticut (1953)

If this is your grandfather, you could order his SS Application for $27

Social Security Application SS-5

His SS# is available here if you don’t already have it:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... _form=true

About the SS Application:
http://genealogy.about.com/od/online_re ... equest.htm
The SS-5, or Application for Social Security Number is a great resource for learning more about individuals who died after about 1960, and generally includes the following:
- Full name
- Full name at birth, including maiden name
- Present mailing address
- Age at last birthday
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Father's full name
- Mother's full name, including maiden name

- Sex
- Race as indicated by the applicant
- Whether the applicant ever applied for Social Security or Railroad Retirement before
- Current employer's name and address
- Date signed
- Applicant's signature
Order form SSA-711 (can be done online):
http://www.ssa.gov/foia/html/foia_guide.htm
Raucci

Post by Raucci »

yes that's my grandfathers obituary..
Raucci

Post by Raucci »

can i ask how you got the other obits?
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Raucci wrote:can i ask how you got the other obits?
Hi :D
The obituaries are from GenealogyBank a subscription site
Valarie
Raucci

Post by Raucci »

thanks Valarie

My grandfathers parents were mary alice and paul john raucci. my grandfathers father was itailian and his wife wasn't Paul john's parents came over to america..

Mary Raucci passed away in AZ

Paul Raucci died in springfield, Ma

I was told that when my family oringinally came over from the boat they shortened the name but i'm not sure what it may have been before but i ended up being Raucci..

well at least i have more than i started with :-)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

The name "Raucci" exists today in Italy. It is most concentrated in the Region of Campania, mostly in Caserta Province.
Use this site...type in the name where it says "cognome"

http://gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/genera. ... r=640&k=FF

T.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

brother Paul Raucci obituary
Union-News (Springfield, MA)
August 16, 2000

Paul J. Raucci Jr., 64, of this city, died Friday at Mercy Hospital. He was a self-employed automotive mechanic. Born in New Haven, Conn., he lived in Springfield for 17 years. He served in the Marine Corps and belonged to Moose Lodge 1849 and pool players' associations. He leaves his former wife, the former Jean Gargano of Springfield; and four sons, Paul J. III of Springfield, Ralph of Connecticut, and George and Michael, both of Chicopee; four daughters, Ruth Labonte and Mary A. Johnson, both of Springfield, and Cynthia Raucci and Paula Raucci, both of Connecticut; two brothers, Joseph of Massachusetts and Ralph of Connecticut; a sister, Angelina Burroughs of Connecticut; 23 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. The funeral will be Friday morning at Starzyk Funeral Home, with burial in Calvary Cemetery, both in Chicopee. Calling hours will be Thursday evening. Memorial contributions may be made to the family, in care of Ruth M. Labonte, 618 Newbury St., Springfield, MA 01104.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

RAUCCI is derived from the base surname RODOLFI and is listed in the Italian surname dictionary.
The RAO and RAUCCI surnames are directly from the South of Italy with roots of both names FIRIDOLFI which is a feudal family name from Firenze in the 12th century emanating from the Salento area of Puglia and calabria.

=Peter=
~Peter~
Raucci

Post by Raucci »

how can i get this file? I think it may be my great grandfather not sure though

Title/Collection: Fifteenth Census of the United States, 1930
Publication Number: T626
Content Source: NARA
National Archives Catalog ID: 598030 National Archives Catalog Title: Population Schedules for the 1930 Census, compiled 1930 - 1930
Record Group: 29
Census Year: 1930
Short Description: NARA T626. Fifteenth Census of the United States, 1930.
State: Connecticut
County: NEW LONDON
Browse Description: CREWS OF VESSELS
Enumeration District: 6-77
Description: CREWS OF VESSELS
Sheet Number: 13b
Found on this Document (50)Raucci, Paul J
Full Name: Raucci, Paul J, Estimated Birth Year: 1905, Age: 25, Family Number: [Blank]
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the 1930 Census for Paul J. Raucci in New London, Conn.
He was a seaman in the US Coast Guard...

Line 81

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5986 ... census.jpg

T.
Raucci

Post by Raucci »

thanks but i'm still not sure if it is my great grandfather I'm trying to find out if i can find his children listed or more info on him...thanks for finding that for me!
Raucci

Post by Raucci »

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/match ... &dwpdone=1

I found this on the ellis island search. I think this may be my great grand father but not sure is there a way i can find out if it is or not.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html and request his Long form bith record in the Uffico di Stato Civile in his town of origin free of charge. Request his "ESTRATTO DI NASCITA" which includes his parents names. Send to the MUNICIPIO address found at www.nonsolocap.it and put intown name,click "cerca" and click when town name in blue comes up on screen which will brikng you town webpage. =Peter=
~Peter~