wena aurora is there such a town in italy and where?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
debbie365
Rookie
Rookie

wena aurora is there such a town in italy and where?

Post by debbie365 »

my g grand mother put 3 different locations of birth on her records i cant find wena? or aurora i think aurora might be in molise . just confused. thanks :)
surnames,Basilone, Calascione,Campofredano, Deluca, Occhionero, Glave, Intrevado, Angelozzi Peta, Frate
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: wena aurora is there such a town in italy and where?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

How about a frazione?

Frazione Terme Aurora, Comune di Benetutti, Provincia di Sassari, Regione di Sardegna, Insular Italy

A frazione is a small neighborhood or hamlet, often on the outskirts of the larger comune to which it "belongs". See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazione
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

PS: Of over 37,000 Italian comuni and frazioni, not a single one begins with the letter "W" and, in fact, only one (a frazione) has a letter "w" anywhere within the name - Hennewinkl, a frazione of Comune di Nova Ponente, Provincia di Bolzano, Regione di Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol (Northeastern Italy).
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Seraphina »

Hi,

Aurora. Could it possibly be the small town of Ururi? near Campobasso in Molise. It would sound like Aurora.

The majority of people of the name Campofredano live there.

It's a possibility.

Seraphina
debbie365
Rookie
Rookie

Post by debbie365 »

when i was on ancestory .com and using there map i typed in wena italy it showed wena up north . but if you google it there is nothing . maybe this aurora was ururi and they didnt understand what she was saying thanks for the in put i will check it out thank you again :)
surnames,Basilone, Calascione,Campofredano, Deluca, Occhionero, Glave, Intrevado, Angelozzi Peta, Frate
viteramasse

Post by viteramasse »

Ururi, Campobasso, Italia Rosaria Basilone was born october 1 1901
viteramasse

Post by viteramasse »

sorry born october 7 1901