Off Topic- Discussion on signatures..

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Off Topic- Discussion on signatures..

Post by AmyT »

Peter ~

If the signature were genealogy oriented would that be a less distracting thing?

The purpose is like a sign off. My personal signatures are mood oriented, rather than pointed to a specific topic or idea... which while I can see they maybe distracting, I don't find so. It's a personal preference issue.

You could even discect: 'The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing' - the mood suits when I truely comprehend I don't know what I am doing.

'see a perfect forest through so many splintered trees' - suits giving hope despite the weeding I'm having to do with my father's relatives.. eventually I'll get to the forest.

~Devils advocate (that would be yours Peter)

When reading information, trying to research and in studious persuit, a leaving of signature can throw off and even distract the researcher, or the person helping.
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: Off Topic- Discussion on signatures..

Post by JamesBianco »

I appreciate siggies, and how they can be a form of expression. I don't see how they are distracting... they are typical to a forum.
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

This is SO much tamer than I thought it would be... :D
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

its all such cutsie poo girl stuff. Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Last time I checked I was still the female sex.. and I suppose if that allotted me the room to be girly then I'm doing alright.. :lol:

I'm alright with cutsie stuff, but don't consider myself or my quotes to be all cutsie.. :P Infact my friends think I'm down right scary... truely.. remember I was once a goth person.. :twisted: and it was fun, short lived but fun.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Then if you insist on being a girl cutsie pooh I can live with it..but when were you a Goth? Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

It was a short lived time between graduating from highschool, breaking off my engagement to my 'boy next door boring' fiance, and finding life outside of the 'OC', then rebelling against the Texans.. LOL I have pictures to prove it. I was still pretty normal while in highschool though.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Oh so you were one of those girls that belonged to that clique that did "things" with "them" to the fascination and astonsihment of the student body. What was your weaopon of choice dearie? peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

It was definitely a phase, and really I've always been one to be more dark on the inside than on the outside.. :D
'Things' - this cracks me up. Are we talking about piercing body parts? Or just really thick white makeup with black eyeliner?

Weapons are discretionary to the arena in which they are most useful. So really, I need clarification to answer that effectively. This was only about 6 months worth of time..
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Can I put in my very own signature at the bottom like youse guys? Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Why yes you can Peter! Would that make you feel girly though? :wink:

Ahh, but what would it say?? Something to difuse the girly aspect of it!!

If you go to 'My Account' then 'Change Info' scroll down until you see 'signature' and insert your text there. Following that, simply scroll down more and submit changes/save changes.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I was thinking of Errrors have been made. others will be blamed. How is that? Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

... poetic..

'Errors have been made, others will be blamed' :twisted:

How about:
'Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. ' Andre Gide (edited)

or:

'There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have.'Don Herold

or:

'Common sense is not so common.' Voltaire :lol:
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

'Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity.' Aristotle
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

How about: To many freaks,not enough circuses. Peter