Current wait time to schedule ny consulate?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
rgaetano
Rookie
Rookie

Current wait time to schedule ny consulate?

Post by rgaetano »

Has anyone recently made an appointment with the ny consulate? As I am starting to collect my documents I am wondering at what point I should make an appointment. Despite not having all the documents yet, I want to try to get them during the wait period, which I understand can be several months to a year. Grazie
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Current wait time to schedule ny consulate?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Seems to me that someone on this or another board recently reported getting an appointment that was a bit more than a full year in the future...
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
rgaetano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rgaetano »

Wow, perhaps I should make one soon.... How many documents are okay to have missing at the first meeting?
MST995
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MST995 »

I made my appointment for NY in April or May of this year and the appointment date is April 2011, so expect about a year. I don't have many of the documents that I need yet, but I plan on having them by end of year, then I can work on apostilles and translations.
rgaetano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rgaetano »

Thanks, I think I'll make an appointment soon, I'll post what the wait time is after I schedule it.
rgaetano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rgaetano »

I just made an appointment, earliest time possible was end of May, 2011....

The person i spoke to at abtran asked me how many appointments i would need that day and so i asked if i need separate appointments for me and my father. He said yes, but i can use the same documents. So i made two back to back appointments.

Is this normal? What about for any of my siblings? Would they have to make their own appointment as well? I had though it could all be done through one application.....